It's FREE to join and post in our forums.  Click to join now!

Armchair GM 2018-2019

Started by CarltonTheBear, March 08, 2018, 10:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

herman

He tried it earlier and said it wasn't comfortable with puck handling. Lol
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

L K

I mean I'm a beer league defenseman but when I finally bought a few new sticks I was shocked at how much better they were than the old two piece/wooden sticks I was playing with. 

I get being a creature of habit but I feel like a lot of what Marleau was doing didn't help him long-term.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: L K on April 25, 2019, 11:20:43 AM
I mean I'm a beer league defenseman but when I finally bought a few new sticks I was shocked at how much better they were than the old two piece/wooden sticks I was playing with. 

I get being a creature of habit but I feel like a lot of what Marleau was doing didn't help him long-term.

I tried to shoot once with a wooden stick and it nearly killed me.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 25, 2019, 11:35:30 AM
Quote from: L K on April 25, 2019, 11:20:43 AM
I mean I'm a beer league defenseman but when I finally bought a few new sticks I was shocked at how much better they were than the old two piece/wooden sticks I was playing with. 

I get being a creature of habit but I feel like a lot of what Marleau was doing didn't help him long-term.

I tried to shoot once with a wooden stick and it nearly killed me.
Hahaha..Some of us grew up on wood sticks. They were heavy as hell and basically crap! It took a bit to get used to the flex in the new tech!

herman

If Marleau puts up 30 non-empty netters next year, will I be mad or sad?
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed

Bill_Berg_is_sad

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 25, 2019, 11:09:16 AM
https://twitter.com/lukefoxjukebox/status/1121430147834548225

Well that's that. I think if there was any chance he'd retire he would have said something like "I'll take a month to think about my future".

Also it's kind of crazy that a team like the Leafs didn't force Marleau to upgrade his antique equipment earlier.

In Toronto?

Bender

Quote from: Bill_Berg on April 25, 2019, 01:26:26 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 25, 2019, 11:09:16 AM
https://twitter.com/lukefoxjukebox/status/1121430147834548225

Well that's that. I think if there was any chance he'd retire he would have said something like "I'll take a month to think about my future".

Also it's kind of crazy that a team like the Leafs didn't force Marleau to upgrade his antique equipment earlier.

In Toronto?

Hopefully not!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Bill_Berg on April 25, 2019, 01:26:26 PM
In Toronto?

Yeah there's literally no way around that I don't think.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 25, 2019, 01:34:18 PM
Quote from: Bill_Berg on April 25, 2019, 01:26:26 PM
In Toronto?

Yeah there's literally no way around that I don't think.
Unfortunately. He's going to have to be limited in ice time tho and never go above the bottom 6.

Highlander

Quote from: Guilt Trip on April 25, 2019, 01:36:19 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 25, 2019, 01:34:18 PM
Quote from: Bill_Berg on April 25, 2019, 01:26:26 PM
In Toronto?

Yeah there's literally no way around that I don't think.
Unfortunately. He's going to have to be limited in ice time tho and never go above the bottom 6.
Better be on the 4th line with the Goat and Engvall
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Highlander on April 25, 2019, 05:32:56 PM
Quote from: Guilt Trip on April 25, 2019, 01:36:19 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 25, 2019, 01:34:18 PM
Quote from: Bill_Berg on April 25, 2019, 01:26:26 PM
In Toronto?

Yeah there's literally no way around that I don't think.
Unfortunately. He's going to have to be limited in ice time tho and never go above the bottom 6.
Better be on the 4th line with the Goat and Engvall
Goat can't be on this team. We need a lol offence from that line. Time for someone else whether it's Petan or whoever.

Highlander

Ok, 4th line  Marleau-Engvall-Ennis

Third line Moore-Nylander-Kapanan  (assuming Kadri is playing in Florida next year) ;)
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Highlander on April 25, 2019, 08:09:55 PM
Ok, 4th line  Marleau-Engvall-Ennis

Third line Moore-Nylander-Kapanan  (assuming Kadri is playing in Florida next year) ;)
That's better. Don't think they get rid of Kadri yet. I think the end game is to have Nylander with Matthews and Johnsson.