Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Luke Schenn Traded to Flyers for JVR!!!

Started by The Man with a Plan, June 23, 2012, 03:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palmateer

Love it: Happened to be on Eklund's site (slumming it, I know) right after I saw Dreger and Bobby Mac break the Schenn trade on Twitter; here's what his post said:

"*Flyers and Leafs are reportedly in discussions.. I am told it is NOT JvR for Schenn."

I just remembered why I like to visit that site this time of year: I just LOVE to see Eklund smear more egg on his face.  ;D

bustaheims

Least out of the blue trade in a long time. I'm not sure I love it, especially with JvR's health issues, but, hopefully, he actually blossom's into the player so many people want him to be.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Zee

LittleHockeyFan

Madferret

I don't think you can declare a winner in this trade yet.

JVR hasn't lived up to his potential, but neither has Schenn depending on who you ask.

Erndog

I'm with bman... The only thing that scares me is his health.

He has the size, skill, hands and head... He just needs to stay healthy.

Should we be worried about his hip?

BlueWhiteBlood

Quote from: BMan on June 23, 2012, 04:04:06 PM
Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on June 23, 2012, 04:01:02 PM
Can he play center or is a left winger on the way out?

Not a natural centre but he can play all forward positions. But his health is what scares me to be honest.

Well, he needs surgery, I don't think it's going to force him into retirement or anything.
BWB

louisstamos

Yeah, not sure I'm a fan of this trade.  I know Schenn had a few question marks too, but JVR may have even more...

BlueWhiteBlood

Quote from: palmateer on June 23, 2012, 04:05:24 PM
Love it: Happened to be on Eklund's site (slumming it, I know) right after I saw Dreger and Bobby Mac break the Schenn trade on Twitter; here's what his post said:

"*Flyers and Leafs are reportedly in discussions.. I am told it is NOT JvR for Schenn."

I just remembered why I like to visit that site this time of year: I just LOVE to see Eklund smear more egg on his face.  ;D

I think you should at least be fair to him, he posted that blurb 2 hours ago.
BWB

Zee

Quote from: Madferret on June 23, 2012, 04:07:01 PM

JVR hasn't lived up to his potential, but neither has Schenn depending on who you ask.

I agree. I think they both sort of "stalled" in their development after showing promise.

Etiam Vultus

Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on June 23, 2012, 04:08:44 PM

Not a natural centre but he can play all forward positions. But his health is what scares me to be honest.

Well, he needs surgery, I don't think it's going to force him into retirement or anything.

Initial reports were that he needed surgery.  As of a few days ago, it was reported that he did NOT need surgery.

As previously noted, a good old-fashioned hockey trade where a team with a surplus on defense trades with a team with a surplus of forwards.  Two high potential players who have not developed as quickly as hoped. 

In Burke's shopping list immediately after the draft today, he had getting bigger at forward as one of the priorities. 

#1PilarFan

Quote from: Madferret on June 23, 2012, 04:07:01 PM

While Schenn hasn't been great, his teammates haven't done him any favours either. The goaltending behind him has been atrocious and his coach was not a fan of guys like Schenn. I suspect he would have played better with Carlyle.

With that said, if they can land Schultz, it's hardly a loss and even if they can't, Komisarek (whose contract probably prevents him from being moved) can fill in pretty easily. He really dropped down the depth chart with the emergence of Gunnarsson and Gardiner and the acquisition of Liles.

As for JVR... Who the heck knows? But Burke still needs to get a centre and a goaltender. We've got enough wingers and defensemen.
Got an idea on improving the forum?

Check out the TMLFans Suggestion Box!

BMan

Quote from: BlueWhiteBlood on June 23, 2012, 04:08:44 PM

I hope not. Trades are usually not made official until both players pass their physicals. If he can't play going further, we just give up a potential star who may have only needed a change of scenery.

#1PilarFan

Quote from: bustaheims on June 23, 2012, 04:05:48 PM
Least out of the blue trade in a long time. I'm not sure I love it, especially with JvR's health issues, but, hopefully, he actually blossom's into the player so many people want him to be.
That's the one thing about this deal; JVR (who I'm not a huge fan of to be honest) has much more upside than Schenn.
Got an idea on improving the forum?

Check out the TMLFans Suggestion Box!

Nik

I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi