Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2024-25 General Trades and Signings

Started by herman, June 13, 2024, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bustaheims

Quote from: L K on June 19, 2024, 06:21:59 PM
Quote from: bustaheims on June 19, 2024, 06:08:41 PM
Quote from: Zee on June 19, 2024, 04:16:46 PMIt's almost like GMs think the final ended last night and started making trades

It's almost like the draft is next weekend...

Having 5 weeks between each Game to drag the Finals through the end of June was certainly a bizarre choice

They definitely made some . . . uh . . . choices with this schedule.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Frank E

Zee

Quote from: Zee on June 19, 2024, 04:16:46 PMIt's almost like GMs think the final ended last night and started making trades

I get that, but I've heard reporters say the NHL tries to discourage teams from making deals during the finals so as not to "distract from the finals".  But I agree with other comments on here, stupid of the NHL to drag this series out.  Right from the first game that they delayed for almost a week was an idiotic decision.

L K

Quote from: Zee on June 21, 2024, 09:56:18 AM

I get that, but I've heard reporters say the NHL tries to discourage teams from making deals during the finals so as not to "distract from the finals".  But I agree with other comments on here, stupid of the NHL to drag this series out.  Right from the first game that they delayed for almost a week was an idiotic decision.

That's the problem. If this goes to a Game 7 the Finals end on June 24. The NHL playoffs started on April 20.  The draft starts on June 28 and ends on June 29th.  Free agency starts July 1st.

Having a week between the end of the playoffs and the start of the free agency period is stupid.  Making teams wait to make moves under a tight schedule like that is terrible scheduling.

Arn

Quote from: L K on June 21, 2024, 01:03:39 PM

That's the problem. If this goes to a Game 7 the Finals end on June 24. The NHL playoffs started on April 20.  The draft starts on June 28 and ends on June 29th.  Free agency starts July 1st.

Having a week between the end of the playoffs and the start of the free agency period is stupid.  Making teams wait to make moves under a tight schedule like that is terrible scheduling.

Season should also start about 3 weeks earlier. Shouldn't be playing hockey into almost July.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on June 21, 2024, 02:41:43 PM

Season should also start about 3 weeks earlier. Shouldn't be playing hockey into almost July.

There's also that extra day off between these finals games because of the heavy distance between Miami and Edmonton...that's almost an extra week at this point.

Zee

Seems like such easy things to do but the NHL refuses. Instead of starting hockey in mid-October why not push up the season start to late September? That 2 weeks alone would mean the finals would have been at this point on June 7th.

Frank E

Quote from: Zee on June 21, 2024, 03:01:58 PM

Seems like such easy things to do but the NHL refuses. Instead of starting hockey in mid-October why not push up the season start to late September? That 2 weeks alone would mean the finals would have been at this point on June 7th.

I think they'd have to get that by the NHLPA...what I'm saying is that I think this is all agreed upon with the PA, so it might not be the league.

herman

https://twitter.com/conroyherald/status/1805378524812898371
Fortunately we do not have scoring issues against him

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1805387003921678713
Gotta sneak this in during the game 7 to hide the details
#27 #TeamFasstholes

herman

#27 #TeamFasstholes

cabber24

Stupid Coyotes... Utah is going to sign all UFA defensemen considering they have zero signed.

Mittelstadt resigned with COL 3 x $5.75 = $17.25
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Bill_Berg

Quote from: cabber24 on June 25, 2024, 01:04:39 PMStupid Coyotes... Utah is going to sign all UFA defensemen considering they have zero signed.

Mittelstadt resigned with COL 3 x $5.75 = $17.25

That makes me so damn salty!

herman

https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/status/1805678984870379870
Suggestion for a new dance:

I also don't understand this trade at all.
#27 #TeamFasstholes

bustaheims

Quote from: herman on June 25, 2024, 02:12:09 PMI also don't understand this trade at all.

Yeah. This one is curious. It's not like Detroit desperately needed to free up cap space or that Walman needed to be jettisoned. Guess we're waiting for the other shoe on this one.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan