Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

SCF: Florida Panthers vs. Edmonton Oilers

Started by CarltonTheBear, June 03, 2024, 07:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

https://twitter.com/mikekellynhl/status/1661379180058099713
This is from 2022-2023

This might be a really funny way to lure the opposing team into a false sense of security because the Panthers are deliberately letting them rack up a 'possession' advantage and shot attempts, while fishing specifically for turnovers and odd-man rushes. See the Deserve-to-win-o-meter for these games.
#27 #TeamFasstholes

Zee

Hopefully this ends tonight, the Euro is on, time for soccer

Rob

herman

Florida gifted Edmonton some life with a shortie against, and now taking their own penalty
#27 #TeamFasstholes

Dappleganger

McDavid, most assists in a single playoffs.

herman

Edmonton is going to look back at this series and think they did okay because this blowout win will make them look better than they actually were. Very Leafy experience.

Panthers clearly wanted to party at home instead of in Edmonton.
#27 #TeamFasstholes

Joe

I think it was very nice of the Oilers to give their fans a final show before generously letting the panthers win on home ice.

archie holdsworth

Quote from: Joe on June 16, 2024, 10:46:04 AMI think it was very nice of the Oilers to give their fans a final show before generously letting the panthers win on home ice.

You're probably right, but if the Oilers find a way to win game 5, the final gets interesting all of a sudden. I do think momentum is a thing, especially in the playoffs.

Chances are, Florida gets back on track next game and it's over. The thing is, when the Oilers find their game, they have the ability to steamroll teams. I would find it amusing if that started happening.

Joe

Quote from: archie holdsworth on June 16, 2024, 04:07:22 PM
Quote from: Joe on June 16, 2024, 10:46:04 AMI think it was very nice of the Oilers to give their fans a final show before generously letting the panthers win on home ice.

You're probably right, but if the Oilers find a way to win game 5, the final gets interesting all of a sudden. I do think momentum is a thing, especially in the playoffs.

Chances are, Florida gets back on track next game and it's over. The thing is, when the Oilers find their game, they have the ability to steamroll teams. I would find it amusing if that started happening.

Hey don't get me wrong, seeing the panthers blow a 3-0 lead would be fun as well. I just can't imagine it happening but there is something to be said that they allowed the oilers to have a game like this.

Bender

Crazier things have happened but I just feel that a comeback by Edmonton is just not going to happen.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Joe

Quote from: Bender on June 16, 2024, 07:12:43 PMCrazier things have happened but I just feel that a comeback by Edmonton is just not going to happen.

I'm honestly asking - but what crazier thing has happened than a team blowing a 3-0 series lead in the finals?

Peter D.

Quote from: Bender on June 16, 2024, 07:12:43 PMCrazier things have happened but I just feel that a comeback by Edmonton is just not going to happen.

I agree that I don't see an Edmonton comeback happening, as much as I'd like it to.

But as I've said it on these boards before, I've never understood why the reverse sweep is deemed near impossible.  Not like teams haven't won four games in a row before. *shrug*

bustaheims

Quote from: Peter D. on June 17, 2024, 10:41:58 AM

I agree that I don't see an Edmonton comeback happening, as much as I'd like it to.

But as I've said it on these boards before, I've never understood why the reverse sweep is deemed near impossible.  Not like teams haven't won four games in a row before. *shrug*

Largely, because it so rarely happens. Only 4 times in NHL history - and that's more than MLB (one time) and the NBA (zero times) combined. Only 5 other teams have even been able to force Game 7!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Peter D.

Quote from: bustaheims on June 17, 2024, 10:52:58 AM
Quote from: Peter D. on June 17, 2024, 10:41:58 AM

Largely, because it so rarely happens. Only 4 times in NHL history - and that's more than MLB (one time) and the NBA (zero times) combined. Only 5 other teams have even been able to force Game 7!

I know.  But as I suggested, I'm surprised it doesn't/hasn't happened more often. 

LittleHockeyFan

I wanted Edmonton to win one game so the Panthers can take the Cup on home ice, so tomorrow night I guess?