Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Craig Berube named new coach of the Leafs

Started by L K, May 17, 2024, 03:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L K

herman

#27 #TeamFasstholes

Zee

Hope Berube hires Alexander Godynyuk and Tom Fergus as assistants. Bring back some ex-Leafs power

herman

#27 #TeamFasstholes

L K

Not surprising.  Of the available options he seems fine.  He's a tougher coach than Keefe so that will change how the dressing room is handled but yelling isn't going to turn Morgan Rielly into Pietrangelo.

I think roster changes are going to have a bigger impact on the team than the coach.  I'm glad they made a decision earlier though so we can hopefully have Berube meet with players sooner  in the offseason to set goals for training camp.

Highlander

the more I read about him, the more I like the pick. Holds players accountable and that is exaclty what a few of these guys need. I wonder how much player input he will have on acquisitions etc with Treviling?
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

LittleHockeyFan

I like..
but I was really hoping they'd wait and see if Brind'Amour was being fired in Carolina first.

Highlander

Brind'Amour has won squat. Glad is Berube even though I wanted Keefe to have another kick at the can with a couple of tall tree D added and a good Goalie tandem.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

4EVRLEAFAN

Good signing now lets work on the roster.

Zee

Ah yes, Shanahan's "exhaustive search" that interviewed 2 people and hired the guy everyone predicted for a couple of months

Frank E

Quote from: Zee on May 17, 2024, 04:34:30 PMAh yes, Shanahan's "exhaustive search" that interviewed 2 people and hired the guy everyone predicted for a couple of months

1. Tre hires the GM.
2. There are a lot of vacancies right now, so you move quickly.
3. Did you have in mind a better alternative?

I think he's got the experience to deal with the egos, he's got the street cred, and honestly I think our boys need a shit kicking once in a while that a guy like Berube can dole out. 

There's a new sheriff in town, and I'm OK with that.  From what I read, he can do the job well.

Frank E

According to Wiki...1054 games played...3149 PIMs.

7th all time:

Tiger Williams - 3971
Dale Hunter (!) - 3565
Tie Domi - 3515
Marty McSorley - 3381
Bob Probert - 3300 (nice even number)
Rob Ray - 3207
Craig Berube - 3149

herman

He's a coach with bonafides in motivation, structural compliance, and accountability. Systems stuff will need to come from the assistants, but we can basically keep most of the same tactics, and just make it more fasstholey.

Treliving and Berube both favour heavier hockey, with big and mobile defenses. This will be the highest end forwards Berube has had.
#27 #TeamFasstholes