Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Who will be the new coach of the Leafs

Started by Highlander, April 28, 2024, 12:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dappleganger

Boudreau was completely right about the Leafs power play against Boston:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJE3W0TNZNY&t=211s

Bender

Quote from: Highlander on May 09, 2024, 10:51:24 AMGallant is the only one who interests me. I liked Keefe, thought with a stud D or two we would have won against Boston.

Honestly it's a bit hard to choose. I definitely don't want Todd McLellan but there's no star candidate.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Bender on May 09, 2024, 11:27:57 AM
Quote from: Highlander on May 09, 2024, 10:51:24 AMGallant is the only one who interests me. I liked Keefe, thought with a stud D or two we would have won against Boston.

Honestly it's a bit hard to choose. I definitely don't want Todd McLellan but there's no star candidate.
If you want the best coach available, Q is the guy but there's some baggage there. I think all the rest are sideways moves but who knows?

herman

Quote from: herman on May 08, 2024, 11:48:38 AMThere is a similar amount of 'smoke' around Berube right now as there was around Treliving last off season. He's got at least one post-season success story (better than the incumbent) but otherwise a bit meh.

Friedman said to keep an eye on today as a trigger day if anything were to happen because yesterday was the draft lottery and Keefe was being fĂȘted by the Brampton Hall of Fame.

https://twitter.com/LeafsNHLTakes/status/1788632387276111959
internet rando with small town connections says so, and I'm inclined to believe it
#27 #TeamFasstholes

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: herman on May 09, 2024, 03:14:19 PMinternet rando with small town connections says so, and I'm inclined to believe it

Man what a crazy coincidence that someone with a stock image photo as their profile picture and who's aspiring to be a NHL insider and selling betting information to rubes JUST HAPPENED to be from the same small town as Craig Berube and knows all his hometown buddies. That's such a big break for him.

bustaheims

If it's true, hopefully his time behind the Leafs' bench lasts longer than his time in a Leafs' uniform. He was involved in two of the biggest franchise altering deals in the team's history, though.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cw

NHL coaching carousel: Tiers of top coaching candidates

I haven't got a clue if the Berube rumour has any merit. Wouldn't shock me if it was true.

The part about that rumour that smells is how quickly this seems to be taking place.
I realize Berube was allegedly close to signing with the Devils and is intent on making a final decision soon.
But the Leafs have to be sure. They're corporate. There are probably a few of them who would like to talk to this prospective coach before pulling the trigger. That takes time. It is a process.
To be a done deal at this point seems a little fast with a new CEO on board.

Then again, maybe Friday, they'll introduce a new coach.

If the rumour isn't true, the attached article is the largest collection of coaching candidates I've seen.

Zee

If it's Berube why do I get the sinking feeling it'll be Carlyle 2.0? Please God no

Bill_Berg

I'm not sold on Berube. I'm actually more inclined to want Mclellan, but that may just be due to my PP PTSD.

AtomicMapleLeaf

Arn

I Saw Jay McClement Score.

herman

#27 #TeamFasstholes

Bender

Quote from: herman on May 10, 2024, 06:15:25 AMhttps://twitter.com/shutdownline/status/1788755072387604748
This tweet is about Carolina

I caught the intermission and they were talking about how ineffective Carolinas drop pass on the PP was. Deja vu!
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Bender on May 10, 2024, 07:05:10 AMI caught the intermission and they were talking about how ineffective Carolinas drop pass on the PP was. Deja vu!

I've always very much enjoyed how much every team thinks their coach is the idiot for using the drop pass on the PP when every team in the league does it.