Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Coyotes officially relocating to Utah

Started by CarltonTheBear, April 18, 2024, 03:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Quote from: Andy on April 24, 2024, 12:58:07 PMKingtome would be my pick for the Utah name......

It's probably not as funny as I think it is, but I still kinda like my Utah Kingtome name...DeNiro could be a celebrity pitchman

Bullfrog

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 24, 2024, 12:27:55 PM
Quote from: louisstamos on April 24, 2024, 12:18:05 PMUtah Ice for me - everything else sounds like bad beer league hockey names.

I'm not a big fan of team names where you can't really call a player the nick name. Like "Clayton Keller is an Ice" or "Clayton Keller is a Venom" is just odd.

100% my thought.

What do they call Minnesota players?

Clayton Keller is a Yeti is kind of funny though.

I'm in favour of Utah HeeHaws, but, what do I know?

Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington

herman

#27 #TeamFasstholes

cabber24

Quote from: herman on April 30, 2024, 01:25:59 PMhttps://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/1785297589677478257

It's worse than I could have thought possible :)
Was there anything new there? The timelines never made sense. 5 years to build an arena, I am guessing Meruelo will never operate a team again.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Arn

QuoteBut the land auction itself might now become a problem. One source familiar with the process heard from some potential bidders that "didn't want to be the ones that chased the Coyotes" out of the market.

"Now that the Coyotes have effectively chased themselves out of Arizona, that's a prime piece of property. So I think there will be other bidders," the source said.

I agree, there'll not be an Arizona team with Meruelo in charge.

I actually do think Utah will make a very good fist of this, though.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

CarltonTheBear

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1798748942701932723

I've decided to officially back Outlaws since they aren't using the plural of Mammoths for some reason. Just Mammoth sounds odd.

Bill_Berg

herman

The obvious name choice is the Frost Giants of Utaheim.

But going off what they've pulled together so far:

The Utah Hockey Club
The mascot is a klepto-yeti, fashioned like an albino Gritty wearing a hamburglar mask, riding on a venom-symbiote coated wooly mammoth. Literally, just bleach a backup Gritty suit.

#27 #TeamFasstholes

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Dappleganger

Yetis... the plural of Yeti is Yetis. How did they get this wrong?

Zee

Quote from: Dappleganger on June 07, 2024, 08:15:23 AMYetis... the plural of Yeti is Yetis. How did they get this wrong?

What's the plural of Leaf?

Dappleganger

Quote from: Zee on June 07, 2024, 11:59:04 AM
Quote from: Dappleganger on June 07, 2024, 08:15:23 AMYetis... the plural of Yeti is Yetis. How did they get this wrong?

Leafs, obviously...

😅

Bender

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on June 06, 2024, 11:37:27 AMhttps://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/status/1798748942701932723

I've decided to officially back Outlaws since they aren't using the plural of Mammoths for some reason. Just Mammoth sounds odd.

Blizzard, Yeti and Outlaw are all fine, but none are very iconic sounding names.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

bustaheims

Quote from: Zee on June 07, 2024, 11:59:04 AM

As a proper noun, Leafs.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan