Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Playoffs Round 1: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Boston Bruins

Started by CarltonTheBear, April 18, 2024, 08:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarltonTheBear

Leafs vs. Bruins. All starts Saturday at 8pm.

Little bit of a look at the line-up questions going into game 1 from Justin Bourne:

https://twitter.com/jtbourne/status/1780700469591241096

Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington

In the Leafs v Red Wings gameday thread I half-jokingly predicted that Matthews would score number 69 that night and then go goalless over the last two games. Obviously didn't want that to happen.

Hopefully him not getting to 70 is going to mean he takes out any private anger/annoyance/frustration on the Bruins. You can guarantee there's going to be some chirping about it on the ice.

Arn

That Boston team doesn't look great and doesn't put anywhere near the level of fear in as the bruins teams of a few years ago.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

bustaheims

Quote from: Arn on April 18, 2024, 03:06:19 PMThat Boston team doesn't look great and doesn't put anywhere near the level of fear in as the bruins teams of a few years ago.

They're not as deep, that for sure. They're still a tough team to beat because of their goaltending, but they'll give up their fair share of chances. Just need to be able to capitalize on them.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Joe

This is the first season since the playoffs against the capitals where I have no confidence of the leafs getting out of the 1st round.

Every other season I felt they should have and was disappointed. But this year I'm not feeling it at all.

Guilt Trip

Leafs in 6 if they keep the core on 3 lines and we get good goaltending.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Leafs got the R1 monkey off their back last year.  Maybe this year the Boston monkey?

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on April 18, 2024, 08:20:56 PMLeafs got the R1 monkey off their back last year.  Maybe this year the Boston monkey?
Last time we played them was 2019. The boys are ready.

CarltonTheBear

Full first round schedule:

Boston Bruins (2A) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (3A)
Game 1: Maple Leafs at Bruins -- Saturday 8 p.m. ET (TBS, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS, CBC)
Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins -- April 22, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Bruins at Maple Leafs -- April 24, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN, SN, TVAS, CBC)
Game 4: Bruins at Maple Leafs -- April 27, 8 p.m. ET (TBS, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS, CBC)
Game 5: Maple Leafs at Bruins -- April 30, TBD
Game 6: Bruins at Maple Leafs -- May 2, TBD
Game 7: Maple Leafs at Bruins -- May 4, TBD

CarltonTheBear

https://twitter.com/APetrielli/status/1781303994943496661

A big thing this reiterates is that if Nylander does get the 3rd line assignment he really needs to dominate that match-up.

cabber24

I think the Leafs are the tougher team for a change. Let's beat the crap out of these guys.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

cabber24

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/breaking-down-what-the-maple-leafs-lines-should-be-against-bruins/

I want this lineup:

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Domi
Knies-Tavares-Marner
McMann-Holmberg-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Kampf-Reaves

Extras: Dewar, Robertson, Gregor

Rielly-Lyubushkin
Benoit-McCabe
Edmundson-Liljegren

Extras: Brodie, Giordano, Timmins
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Arn

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 19, 2024, 07:31:33 AMFull first round schedule:

Boston Bruins (2A) vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (3A)
Game 1: Maple Leafs at Bruins -- Saturday 8 p.m. ET (TBS, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS, CBC)
Game 2: Maple Leafs at Bruins -- April 22, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Bruins at Maple Leafs -- April 24, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN, SN, TVAS, CBC)
Game 4: Bruins at Maple Leafs -- April 27, 8 p.m. ET (TBS, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS, CBC)
Game 5: Maple Leafs at Bruins -- April 30, TBD
Game 6: Bruins at Maple Leafs -- May 2, TBD
Game 7: Maple Leafs at Bruins -- May 4, TBD

Game 4 on my birthday. Looking forward to the Leafs progressing to round 2 as my present.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: cabber24 on April 19, 2024, 08:45:09 AMhttps://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/breaking-down-what-the-maple-leafs-lines-should-be-against-bruins/

I want this lineup:

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Domi
Knies-Tavares-Marner
McMann-Holmberg-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Kampf-Reaves

Extras: Dewar, Robertson, Gregor

Rielly-Lyubushkin
Benoit-McCabe
Edmundson-Liljegren

Extras: Brodie, Giordano, Timmins

Assuming everyone's healthy of course, the only change I'd make here is swapping Knies and Jarnkrok. The Tavares line is going to get a healthy dose of Pastrnak it seems so having an extra dose of defence on it will be useful. And as much as I like Knies I think he's shown that maybe he's not quite ready for top level competition in his rookie season. He can probably do more damage on the 4th line than on the 2nd line even with the obviously significantly worse linemates.