Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Stars @ Maple Leafs - Feb. 7th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590

Started by CarltonTheBear, February 07, 2024, 09:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzurri63

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: herman on February 07, 2024, 09:46:52 PMChecking in from vacation: good (messy) win! When was the last time the Core-4 forwards all scored in a single game?

I dunno but they all played well tonite. 

Did you know that 88 only has one hat trick in his whole career -- seven years ago?  That's nuts.

cw

That helped their playoff positioning - out of the wildcard spot with Tampa's loss.

herman

CarltonTheBear

Guilt Trip

Quote from: herman on February 07, 2024, 09:46:52 PMChecking in from vacation: good (messy) win! When was the last time the Core-4 forwards all scored in a single game?
They did it earlier this year and I think they lost the game.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 07, 2024, 09:45:56 PMThe core 5 (Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares, and Benoit) absolutely carrying the team right now.
Willy hasn't been good for a while. He was good tonight so hopefully he gets back on I again.

Quote from: azzurri63 on February 07, 2024, 09:36:40 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 07, 2024, 09:34:41 PMI just put in my order for a Benoit jersey

He's won me over team guy plays hard not the most talented but he's been steady.

He's been found money.  Boy, did they need something like that to happen.

Lagesson inexplicably has fallen completely off the radar.  No idea why.  Maybe not quite as noticeable as Benoit, but he should be getting some games spelling Gio and Brodie.

herman

https://twitter.com/rinkratreport/status/1755387976559804696
I want to commend Marner for facing this one timer balls side out.

https://twitter.com/mapleleafs/status/1755418653808271826
And for this goal (he also 'decks' Marchment by absorbing the hit softly), which rattles Wedgewood so hard he lets in Nylander's next shot.

Bullfrog

Quote from: L K on February 07, 2024, 09:43:51 PMCraig Simpson just tried to turn saying that Dalls won't take the timeout because the Leafs are also tired into validating their decision to take a timeout. 

Why are you still calling Leafs games

There was around 30 seconds left. They were down a goal. They wanted their best players rested.

I didn't think the timeout decision was that profound. He's unbearable.

Frank E

I think that game last night was a very big needed win for this group.

cabber24

Quote from: lamajama on February 07, 2024, 09:41:10 PMDomi tries some inexplicable plays....just seems to make poor puck decisions
I know, he's got how many goals? Nice dangle, clown.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

On the Marner goal — what the hell was Seguin doing?  He sure wasn't defending.  The Stars gave Mitch all the time he wanted.

Quote from: Bullfrog on February 08, 2024, 08:57:25 AM
Quote from: L K on February 07, 2024, 09:43:51 PMCraig Simpson just tried to turn saying that Dalls won't take the timeout because the Leafs are also tired into validating their decision to take a timeout. 

Why are you still calling Leafs games

There was around 30 seconds left. They were down a goal. They wanted their best players rested.

I didn't think the timeout decision was that profound. He's unbearable.

He's go-to analysis is, "They've just got to stick with it."  Which, BTW, is Keefe's too.  So insightful.