Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2024 Blue Jays

Started by Arn, December 05, 2023, 08:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank E

Sanchez is 31 years old!!??  Jesus, Arn is getting old.

https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1787623566281744819

Arn

Sack the staff and trade the entire roster.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Bill_Berg

Gausman is this year's Manoha.

Arn

They just keep dragging you back in...

Arn

Maybe that's the game that turns it round.

Arn

Quote from: Arn on May 11, 2024, 05:18:25 PMMaybe that's the game that turns it round.

Maybe not.

Bill_Berg

Quote from: Arn on May 12, 2024, 03:20:13 PM
Quote from: Arn on May 11, 2024, 05:18:25 PMMaybe that's the game that turns it round.

Maybe not.

But on the plus side, maybe Manoha is the next Gausman.

bustaheims

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

L K

Its too bad that Manoah isn't a position player.  The rotation has, for the most part, not been the problem this year.  It's great to see Manoah regain his form though.  What a massive drop off it was last year.

Nice offensive output today from the offense.  The home run power is still a big concern but they did get a couple today against a good pitcher.

Highlander

Hope the Jays can go on a run now.  Good pitching, warm bats.  Nice to get back in the race.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

L K

Next game, right back the same anemic offence.  2 hits.

They probably need to do something sooner or later.  I'm leaning more toward a tear down at this point but you can probably try it out at least one more year.  I'm not sure that either Bo or Vlad are good enough to build around even when they are playing well but the makeup of the roster needs to change

Garcia and Kikuchi should be good assets at the deadline to jump start things.  You still have the rotation mostly locked up for the next two years and this offseason the free agency class is solid.

Bender

Quote from: L K on May 22, 2024, 08:15:35 AMNext game, right back the same anemic offence.  2 hits.

They probably need to do something sooner or later.  I'm leaning more toward a tear down at this point but you can probably try it out at least one more year.  I'm not sure that either Bo or Vlad are good enough to build around even when they are playing well but the makeup of the roster needs to change

Garcia and Kikuchi should be good assets at the deadline to jump start things.  You still have the rotation mostly locked up for the next two years and this offseason the free agency class is solid.

I don't know much about the Jays prospect pipeline but this team has been nowhere close to anything for years. My friend called them Leafs of the turf, and I wonder if that's being generous.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Peter D.

Quote from: L K on May 22, 2024, 08:15:35 AMNext game, right back the same anemic offence.  2 hits.

For all the hype they came with, Shapiro and Atkins sure have been underwhelming almost a decade into their tenure here when it comes to them supposedly building a sustainable winner.

Bender

Well that was a fun game to attend, save for that brain-dead moment by Vladdy.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender