2024 Blue Jays

Started by Arn, December 05, 2023, 08:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arn

Well.

At least the offence is fixed...
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on April 04, 2024, 02:18:34 AMWell.

At least the offence is fixed...

Plan A - Ohtani
Plan B -

Frank E

Oof.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/blue-jays-jansen-romano-swanson-and-manoah-slated-to-play-in-triple-a-buffalo-this-week/

"Finally, starter Alek Manoah is expected to start for the Bisons on Saturday. Like Swanson, he pitched for low-A Dunedin on Sunday. However, the 26-year-old allowed six runs over 1.2 innings, walking four batters and allowing five hits."

Bender

Just came back from the Jays game. That was brutal. So hard to root for a team like this. Woof.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Arn

Quote from: Bender on April 10, 2024, 06:10:41 PMJust came back from the Jays game. That was brutal. So hard to root for a team like this. Woof.

I was watching on TV. As soon as they hit the HR in extra innings I turned off. Knew that was it done. Was surprised to see they even tacked a few more on when I checked the final result later on too.

cabber24

Quote from: Arn on April 11, 2024, 06:14:35 AM
Quote from: Bender on April 10, 2024, 06:10:41 PMJust came back from the Jays game. That was brutal. So hard to root for a team like this. Woof.

I was watching on TV. As soon as they hit the HR in extra innings I turned off. Knew that was it done. Was surprised to see they even tacked a few more on when I checked the final result later on too.
The first pitch of 10th, the ball is in the air, changed the chanel.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Arn

Blue Jays gonna Blue Jay

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on April 17, 2024, 05:07:19 PMBlue Jays gonna Blue Jay

That's a tough ninth for Swanson and Mayza.

7th in the league at .526 W% at this point, but it doesn't feel like they're a playoff team right now.

Arn

Quote from: Frank E on April 17, 2024, 06:05:09 PM
Quote from: Arn on April 17, 2024, 05:07:19 PMBlue Jays gonna Blue Jay

That's a tough ninth for Swanson and Mayza.

7th in the league at .526 W% at this point, but it doesn't feel like they're a playoff team right now.

Every now and again there are signs I think that they could be. But then there's too many things like last night (and I know the bullpen was light on availability and guys were making first appearances etc).

First time I've really seen Soto. He's a pleasure to watch. Shame he's a Yankee.

Arn

Todays hot take.

I wouldn't give Vlad Jr a big, long term contract.

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on April 25, 2024, 01:54:12 PMTodays hot take.

I wouldn't give Vlad Jr a big, long term contract.

I don't think that's too hot of a take.  I agree.

Would you for Bo?

Also, Manoah looking terrible:  https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/blue-jays-manoah-struggles-badly-in-fourth-rehab-start/

Arn

I think I would for Bo, yes.

If I'm not giving Vlad one I guess I'm seeing what value he brings back in a trade.

Never seen a game be actually played in conditions like currently in Kansas. Looks grim.

bustaheims

Quote from: Arn on April 25, 2024, 02:25:04 PMI think I would for Bo, yes.

If I'm not giving Vlad one I guess I'm seeing what value he brings back in a trade.

Never seen a game be actually played in conditions like currently in Kansas. Looks grim.

Agreed. Bo's having a rough start to the year, but he's been very consistent - OPS+ in spitting distance of +125 every year he's been a full time MLB player. Vladdy is much more up and down. If he can get back to near his form from 21 and 22, you lock him up. If not, you either look short-term or for a trade.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cabber24

I would sign them both... nothing in the hopper. Hope he mature into something close to a few years ago. No plan B.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.