Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2024 Blue Jays

Started by Arn, December 05, 2023, 08:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

Jays have signed pitching prospect Jordan Powell.

https://twitter.com/treadhq/status/1751289256268505427

More importantly, this is also part of his skill set:
https://twitter.com/sportsguyeli/status/1403883540094271489
#27 #TeamFasstholes

Frank E

Just sitting here at Sportsnet Grill in Skydome...there's only 7 weeks until their first game here, but this field sure doesn't look like it's going to be good to go in 7 weeks.  According to the schedule, they don't play here until April 8th as they have scheduled their first 10 games on the road to start the season.

herman

Now that the Blue Jays media doesn't have anything to get excited about, all I'm hearing now is their gushing about how svelte and jacked Vladdy and Manoah are looking now.
#27 #TeamFasstholes

bustaheims

Quote from: herman on February 16, 2024, 10:21:29 PMNow that the Blue Jays media doesn't have anything to get excited about, all I'm hearing now is their gushing about how svelte and jacked Vladdy and Manoah are looking now.

We've definitely heard that about Vladdy before, but, from the article in the Athletic, it sounds like Manoah did legitimately make some major changes to his diet and training this off season.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Highlander

Quote from: bustaheims on February 17, 2024, 10:47:55 AM
Quote from: herman on February 16, 2024, 10:21:29 PMNow that the Blue Jays media doesn't have anything to get excited about, all I'm hearing now is their gushing about how svelte and jacked Vladdy and Manoah are looking now.

We've definitely heard that about Vladdy before, but, from the article in the Athletic, it sounds like Manoah did legitimately make some major changes to his diet and training this off season.
Nice when millionaire athletes have to boast about coming to camp in top shape instead of showing up prepared in the first place. Which Manoah basically said last season he showed up as a fat cat.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Darryl

Feels like a make or break year for this squad(again). Do they blow it up and deal everyone next winter should they falter in the opening round again? Could see it.

Dappleganger

I feel if the Jays miss the playoffs, maybe blow it up.

The Dodgers also went winless in the playoffs last year. It's a crap shoot.

bustaheims

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Arn

I really hope the Votto thing works. At least we'd have a nice feel good story to follow for the season.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on March 11, 2024, 07:13:13 AMI really hope the Votto thing works. At least we'd have a nice feel good story to follow for the season.

Given the rather unsuccessful off-season acquisitions, it smells a little desperate of the Jays to me...like, "no way could we get this guy when he was great, so here he is at 40 years old."

Arn

Yeah, that's what I mean - they rarely do work out, but I hope this one does.

He's even said since he signed that he'd have preferred to have ended his career as a one man club, but it would just be nice for the Jays to just have a good story for a change

Dappleganger

Votto still had a .747 OPS last season (100 points higher than Dalton Varsho) so there's hope he can be a useful piece.

cabber24

Need some grumpy-old-man-pro to smack Jr. in the face for getting thrown out at second.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

herman

#27 #TeamFasstholes

Arn

On pace for 162 wins.

But on a serious note, good to see contributions from the big names. Massive HR from Vladdy. Berrios looked solid too.