Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Bruins @ Maple Leafs - Dec. 2nd, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590

Started by CarltonTheBear, December 01, 2023, 10:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Guilt Trip

Quote from: L K on December 02, 2023, 09:57:53 PMI'm disappointed that both Tavares and Nylander didn't get back into the play after that happened but I'm mostly disappointed with Nylander.
Willy was with Marchand..he didn't even try to get back. That was all on him..Piss poor effort from him.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 02, 2023, 09:57:53 PMI'll look at the positives: Matthews looked terrific, Domi got the monkey off his back.

Willy has fallen back to earth.
So the price is going down right?

Peter D.

Great back-and-forth all game.  Matthews finally back.  Woll let's in a few stinkers but recovers with yet more amazing saves in OT.  Absolutely awful play by Nylander there.

Britishbulldog

Quote from: Guilt Trip on December 02, 2023, 10:00:09 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 02, 2023, 09:57:53 PMI'll look at the positives: Matthews looked terrific, Domi got the monkey off his back.

So the price is going down right?

Silver lining for the loss...
All The Best
Dan

herman

Overall game, if the team can play like that the rest of the season, we are in good shape.

azzurri63

Their lacklustre back checking by 34, and 88 in OT periods is mind boggling. You have to be hard on the puck not letting them have it with no pushback. Puck control is key.

L K

Willy's kind of stunk the last few games.  It's hard to play like he did for 82 straight games but effort level has been pretty miserable for a few games.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: L K on December 02, 2023, 10:06:53 PM

Willy's kind of stunk the last few games.  It's hard to play like he did for 82 straight games but effort level has been pretty miserable for a few games.
He hasn't been good since coming back from Sweden. Tonight's OT was a special kind of horrible though. His effort and decision making was off the charts bad..so bad that Keefe put Gregor out with 34 for a shift in OT

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: Guilt Trip on December 02, 2023, 10:13:54 PM

He hasn't been good since coming back from Sweden. Tonight's OT was a special kind of horrible though. His effort and decision making was off the charts bad..so bad that Keefe put Gregor out with 34 for a shift in OT

He's been fabulous in OT til now.  I'll cut him some slack but he does have tendencies that need to be watched and managed.

azzurri63

Quote from: L K on December 02, 2023, 09:57:53 PMI'm disappointed that both Tavares and Nylander didn't get back into the play after that happened but I'm mostly disappointed with Nylander.

Really. Watching the replay of Tavares skating back it was almost like he thought it was over. Get on your high horse and get back. Like I said it was from a few of them lazy without the puck. Matthews was no better back checking in the OT.

herman

Playing the top of the lineup too much: 11/22 games going to OT and they get a majority of those minutes. They win more games for us than they lose, but there's a point of diminishing returns if we can make at least one more line.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 02, 2023, 10:18:03 PM

He's been fabulous in OT til now.  I'll cut him some slack but he does have tendencies that need to be watched and managed.
There's no slack when you put out an effort like that.. his guy scored the winner at the net while he barely crossed the blue line from centre ice, after giving the puck away for the 3rd time in OT. There's no excuse for that. It's really disappointing seeing that from him because he's been so good this year in all zones.

azzurri63

Quote from: Guilt Trip on December 02, 2023, 10:50:46 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 02, 2023, 10:18:03 PM

There's no slack when you put out an effort like that.. his guy scored the winner at the net while he barely crossed the blue line from centre ice, after giving the puck away for the 3rd time in OT. There's no excuse for that. It's really disappointing seeing that from him because he's been so good this year in all zones.

That's where the issue lies with this team no accountability. I know the game is over but Keefe should be blasting these guys when they pull s$$t like that. I don't care who you are. Plain and simple it's unacceptable.

azzurri63

Also I missed chunks of the game did Marchand even get hit? Curious if anyone pasted him.