Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Preseason: sens @ Leafs - Sept. 25th, 7:00pm - SN, Fan 590

Started by CarltonTheBear, September 25, 2023, 07:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

Cowan getting a key shift with the net empty with the other big guns and draws a penalty to help the cause.

herman

Beautiful setup and execution runs into a great save.

Next play is cashed by Marner off the plinko chaos (finally). Tie game with 4s to go.
https://twitter.com/mapleleafs/status/1706482427114217704

Bender

They played that 2 on 2 so badly. Some things never change.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Bender on September 25, 2023, 08:41:08 PMThey played that 2 on 2 so badly. Some things never change.
Gio played that bad but whatever...pre season

gunnar36

Quote from: Guilt Trip on September 25, 2023, 09:05:15 PM
Quote from: Bender on September 25, 2023, 08:41:08 PMThey played that 2 on 2 so badly. Some things never change.
Gio played that bad but whatever...pre season

That was my exact takeaway on the winner as well and I will continue to rag on Giordano until they finally realize that he is not a top 6 Dman anymore.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

With the entire organization in obvious disarray, I think at this point we have to face up to the fact the O-Fer-September Keefe has it on cruise control with 2 more years of dough in his pocket.  Expect more disorganized, lackluster, preseason-quality efforts.

Frank E

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on September 25, 2023, 09:17:22 PMWith the entire organization in obvious disarray, I think at this point we have to face up to the fact the O-Fer-September Keefe has it on cruise control with 2 more years of dough in his pocket.  Expect more disorganized, lackluster, preseason-quality efforts.

Well, it is preseason...so you would expect the vets to stay away from going into the corners against the charging youngsters looking to make a mark.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on September 25, 2023, 09:17:22 PMWith the entire organization in obvious disarray, I think at this point we have to face up to the fact the O-Fer-September Keefe has it on cruise control with 2 more years of dough in his pocket.  Expect more disorganized, lackluster, preseason-quality efforts.

Would it kill them to at least TRY Guy Boucher at the head coach position?

herman

So Cowan's very pretty good.
https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2023/09/26/sheldon-keefe-post-game-senators-4-vs-leafs-3-ot-2/

QuoteKeefe: On the bench, I tried to talk myself out of playing him, to be honest. I have Matthews, Kampf, Holmberg — these older guys that are here and need to get their minutes. But it was hard not to. Every minute that he was out there, he was making something happen.

I stopped talking myself out of it and started playing him more in the third.

Keefe makes it sound like Cowan as basically the top of our expected board all draft week (obviously Bedard, Fantilli etc weren't landing at 28).

He looks more comfortable, to my untrained eye, than some other highly touted picks in recent drafts.

Keefe also makes a mild, cheeky remark about PP1's overcomplicating of things.

Highlander

Quote from: herman on September 25, 2023, 07:41:24 PMCowan looks AHL capable already. The Brayden Point comp doesn't feel that far off — certainly applicable in style and mindset.
One of the best players on the ice, don't think he is going to be on the Knights for a long time. 
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

herman

Quote from: Highlander on September 26, 2023, 10:13:08 AM
Quote from: herman on September 25, 2023, 07:41:24 PMCowan looks AHL capable already. The Brayden Point comp doesn't feel that far off — certainly applicable in style and mindset.
One of the best players on the ice, don't think he is going to be on the Knights for a long time. 

Yeah, it might just be this coming season. The kid only has a partial season in Junior under his belt so far. I think he's going to get some first line winger or 1/2C duties with London.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: herman on September 26, 2023, 10:49:35 AM

Yeah, it might just be this coming season. The kid only has a partial season in Junior under his belt so far. I think he's going to get some first line winger or 1/2C duties with London.

He had a good game but thinking he might crack the NHL as a 19-year old next season is a bit much.

Bender

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on September 26, 2023, 11:01:10 AM
Quote from: herman on September 26, 2023, 10:49:35 AM

He had a good game but thinking he might crack the NHL as a 19-year old next season is a bit much.

Yeah, I mean it'd be great if he does but we also saw Nick Robertson and Denis Malgin look amazing in the pre-season last year.