Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2023-24 NHL Thread

Started by herman, September 13, 2023, 02:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Quote from: cw on February 09, 2024, 12:20:13 AM
Quote from: cw on February 07, 2024, 11:52:20 PM
Quote from: Guilt Trip on February 07, 2024, 10:26:57 PMNever like seeing anyone get hurt like this....
https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1755400736848908504

Heard Cooper interviewed.

He wasn't definitive but it is not good.

Both benches were concerned for him.

Mikhail Sergachev has surgery on leg, out indefinitely
QuoteTampa Bay Lightning defenseman Mikhail Sergachev underwent surgery to stabilize the tibia and fibula in his left leg Thursday and will return home in the coming days to immediately begin rehabilitation, the team has announced.

Both were fractured.

Loose prognosis from google is 3-6 months

That is terrible news, must of been terribly painful. 
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

herman

Frank E

So Timo Meier, he of the 8 year $8.8m AAV deal signed this past summer, is sitting at 10g - 21 pts in 39 games this season...but also a team worst minus 23.

So, not a great start.

But also, given the Kek news in CLB, both Fantilli and Gaudreau are minus 21 in 49 and 52 games respectively...now I know that CLB is 4th worst in the league in a minus 41 goal differential, but still...

Here's your worst 5 NHL teams in goal differential:

SJS - minus 93 (!!!!)
CHI - minus 76
ANA - minus 48
CLB - minus 41
WSH & MTL - minus 37

Leafs are 13th goodest at +17

Joe

Vasilevskiy gave up 9 to the panthers.

Seems odd that they would keep him in for all 9.

Deebo

Quote from: Joe on February 17, 2024, 11:17:14 PMVasilevskiy gave up 9 to the panthers.

He gave up 6 of them, he was pulled after 2 periods.

Joe

Quote from: Deebo on February 17, 2024, 11:43:35 PM
Quote from: Joe on February 17, 2024, 11:17:14 PMVasilevskiy gave up 9 to the panthers.

He gave up 6 of them, he was pulled after 2 periods.

Oh they must have updated the boxscore. When I saw it last night it had all 9 goals on Vasilevskiy.

herman

Nik

I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Joe

Remember when we were kinda making fun of the leafs and their regulation wins - well the bruins are atop the division on the strength of 14 OT losses.

Arn

What was wrong with draws/ties anyway?
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

bustaheims

Quote from: Arn on February 28, 2024, 10:59:51 AMWhat was wrong with draws/ties anyway?

Americans (supposedly, per the media) don't seem to feel satisfied by them.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Dappleganger

No, no, no. Don't you guys do that. If anyone remembers the NHL with the old 5-on-5 overtime/no loser point, you'll recall the with about 5 minutes left in a tie game both teams would essentially stop playing trying to secure the single point. Too often the overtime would be both teams trying not to get scored on. It was a problem and the NHL was right to make a change to try to correct it.

Now, the changes they made do I agree with? Not exactly, but the game had a problem.

The NHL PR spin of "people don't like ties" was just cuz they didn't want to say, "cuz teams stop playing".

Bill_Berg_is_pissed_off

Quote from: Dappleganger on February 28, 2024, 02:46:12 PMNo, no, no. Don't you guys do that. If anyone remembers the NHL with the old 5-on-5 overtime/no loser point, you'll recall the with about 5 minutes left in a tie game both teams would essentially stop playing trying to secure the single point. Too often the overtime would be both teams trying not to get scored on. It was a problem and the NHL was right to make a change to try to correct it.

Now, the changes they made do I agree with? Not exactly, but the game had a problem.

The NHL PR spin of "people don't like ties" was just cuz they didn't want to say, "cuz teams stop playing".

You mean when there were ties and the loser point I think right? With no loser point, losing with 1 min left in the third and losing with 1 min left in OT are the same. Maybe they stop playing late in OT though.

I like ties, I don't like loser points.

Dappleganger

Quote from: Bill_Berg_is_pissed_off on February 28, 2024, 03:03:05 PM
Quote from: Dappleganger on February 28, 2024, 02:46:12 PMNo, no, no. Don't you guys do that. If anyone remembers the NHL with the old 5-on-5 overtime/no loser point, you'll recall the with about 5 minutes left in a tie game both teams would essentially stop playing trying to secure the single point. Too often the overtime would be both teams trying not to get scored on. It was a problem and the NHL was right to make a change to try to correct it.

You mean when there were ties and the loser point I think right? With no loser point, losing with 1 min left in the third and losing with 1 min left in OT are the same. Maybe they stop playing late in OT though.

I like ties, I don't like loser points.

No, when games ended in ties and teams divided the two points, one each.

Teams wanted to secure a point rather than risking no points at all. You'd see it often between out of conference opponents where they were happy to secure the point and move on. They added the loser point to encourage more play and went even further with the shootout/3-on-3.

Loser point should have been dropped with the introduction of the shootout but, alas, here we are.

Arn

I don't mind OT. So I guess I'd prefer a result. I'd even accept a 10 minute OT or something. But I prefer a tie after OT to a shootout.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.