Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Leafs sign Ryan Reaves [3 years, $1.35mil AAV]

Started by herman, June 30, 2023, 11:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

Bill_Berg_is_pissed_off

Reeves on a multi year deal seems like a horrible decision.

L K

Dreger saying 3 years at 1.3....I don't get it

A Finnish leaf fan

Quote from: L K on July 01, 2023, 08:03:07 AMDreger saying 3 years at 1.3....I don't get it

Been in hibernation for a loooong time (forum member since the penaltybox.com times but have been only lurking and reading posts the past few years) but decided to respond now. This is a mind-baffling signing indeed if the rumored term and AAV are correct. One-year deal at league minimum I could somehow understand but three years, yuck! This has Simmonds vibes all over it; Reaves could have been a nice addition like 5 years ago but now he's too old and slow, and probably ends up contributing more in a negative than positive way. Team toughness is something the Leafs need to address but I don't think Reaves is the answer to that at all.

bustaheims

Quote from: L K on July 01, 2023, 08:03:07 AMDreger saying 3 years at 1.3....I don't get it

3 years would definitely be too long. $1.3m isn't that bad, though.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cabber24

Quote from: bustaheims on July 01, 2023, 08:24:22 AM

Shoulder injury into some sort of retirement job with the Leafs in year 3.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: bustaheims on July 01, 2023, 08:24:22 AM

Who says he plays all 3 years? He can be sent to the Marlies. He can have an injury and sit at home collecting his money. This seems more like a payday then anything else. Perry gets 4M for a year and Reeves could be getting the same thing in a round about way.

Bill33

Reaves? The guy who's made a career of running around the ice trying to injure players within the bounds of the rules? And a 3 year deal at 36?

Unimpressed.

WhatIfGodWasALeaf

L K

This should help the Leafs scoring issues in the postseason with his 3 career playoff goals.  Toughness without hockey ability

herman

Well the cap hit will be negligible next year, just like his TOI this year. Except for probably like 3 big hits and a couple of tussles in Nov and Feb.

Bill33

Quote from: herman on July 01, 2023, 11:14:45 AMWell the cap hit will be negligible next year, just like his TOI this year. Except for probably like 3 big hits and a couple of tussles in Nov and Feb.

Dinosaur GM move. I'm missing dubas already.

Significantly Insignificant

I'm starting to think the Leafs made a mistake on their GM hire.
"We can't change what's done, we can only move on." - Arthur Morgan

Bill33

Quote from: Significantly Insignificant on July 01, 2023, 11:21:52 AMI'm starting to think the Leafs made a mistake on their GM hire.

I think it's probably hard to go hard after UFAs until they can get they get Nylander's extension worked out (or more likely, not worked out). I'd wager he'll be traded in the next day or two.