Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2023 Offseason Trades & Signings

Started by CarltonTheBear, June 09, 2023, 08:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarltonTheBear

$5mil is probably the market value for a 50 point centre. Does depend on if he can repeat that performance though or if it was a one-time thing.

Also is it just me or does it feel like Yzerman just signs the most random players on free agency.

Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington

Quote from: cw on July 01, 2023, 04:09:29 PMIt obviously doesn't look great at the moment.
Lots of Leafs roster from the playoffs gone. Little replacing it so far with about 75% of the top UFAs signed.
But this is a day when GMs make mistakes.
I like Schenn but his deal seemed pretty rich.
Some of the long term given by the Islanders seems suspect.
Kilhorn @ $6.25M x 4 years seemed high to me.
etc

There were some good deals. JVR or Wheeler or Duchene for example.

The Leafs likely won't be on the UFA winners list but there are still some players to be had ...

I guess my concern now is that to genuinely improve from last season the Leafs will need to give up assets

cw

Quote from: Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington on July 01, 2023, 04:55:25 PM
Quote from: cw on July 01, 2023, 04:09:29 PMIt obviously doesn't look great at the moment.
Lots of Leafs roster from the playoffs gone. Little replacing it so far with about 75% of the top UFAs signed.
etc

The Leafs likely won't be on the UFA winners list but there are still some players to be had ...

I guess my concern now is that to genuinely improve from last season the Leafs will need to give up assets

They might add Domi or Bertuzzi yet to me, their roster of NHL talent would be inferior to what they had when the playoffs ended.

If the sum total of Treliving's UFA effort is to resign Kampf, sign Reaves and Klingberg, he's going to get roasted.

Significantly Insignificant

Quote from: cw on July 01, 2023, 05:14:20 PM
etc

They might add Domi or Bertuzzi yet to me, their roster of NHL talent would be inferior to what they had when the playoffs ended.

If the sum total of Treliving's UFA effort is to resign Kampf, sign Reaves and Klingberg, he's going to get roasted.

Hey...he also signed Holmberg.
"We can't change what's done, we can only move on." - Arthur Morgan

cw

Quote from: Significantly Insignificant on July 01, 2023, 05:50:18 PM
Quote from: cw on July 01, 2023, 05:14:20 PM
etc

Hey...he also signed Holmberg.

Indeed. Getting RFAs signed is a handwringing event for all GMs ..

... oth, it might be the best depth signing he makes ...

To fill out this roster properly to get it more competitive, he may HAVE to trade Nylander now.

Bill33

I had more time for a potential Nylander trade based upon being stuck on an extension overpay, but watching Treiliving today assign space to a)garbage and b)declining, heavily flawed high risk - I'd sooner he just gave Nylander the 10M, hide under some coats, and see if the top 6 can get them through the season- because I have serious doubts moving the best player in a trade for multiple assets of his apparent choosing is going to offset.

Deebo

cabber24

Quote from: Bill33 on July 01, 2023, 07:08:03 PMI had more time for a potential Nylander trade based upon being stuck on an extension overpay, but watching Treiliving today assign space to a)garbage and b)declining, heavily flawed high risk - I'd sooner he just gave Nylander the 10M, hide under some coats, and see if the top 6 can get them through the season- because I have serious doubts moving the best player in a trade for multiple assets of his apparent choosing is going to offset.
Yup, move Nylander to C now and wait until JT's $11M is off the books and the cap goes up and recalibrate.

I don't hate Klingberg but the D is so soft why Klingberg? I hate the signing. Trade Brodie for a depth forward and a rugged dman? I would even consider trading Reilly.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

CarltonTheBear

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1676252324497354754

I can't wait for the owners to insist on limits for NTC and NMCs in the next CBA negotiations because of how restricting they are.

CarltonTheBear

Bender

Will be really odd seeing Tarasenko in a Sens jersey.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Bill_Berg_is_pissed_off

Quote from: Bender on July 05, 2023, 01:11:30 PMWill be really odd seeing Tarasenko in a Sens jersey.

It's odd seeing anyone choose to play for an organization that has a giant zero for a logo and a GM who most proud of the fact that they are indeed a team.

herman