Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs General Discussion

Started by herman, May 31, 2023, 09:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarltonTheBear and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bender

Quote from: herman on June 30, 2023, 11:23:24 PMhttps://twitter.com/friedgehnic/status/1674995269866250241
QuoteWith Ryan Reaves turning down Minnesota, all eyes are on Toronto. They are believed to be ready to pitch Bertuzzi (a very hot commodity) and at least one defenceman, although all of this will take some gymnastics. Auston Matthews won't be signed by July 1, but every expectation is he will by the start of the season. The number is going to look big when it's signed, but will shrink as the cap grows. William Nylander won't be done Saturday either, but everyone is trying to remain calm and not overreact.

I don't know how I feel about all this. If we can get Bertuzzi do we think it'll be at a more reasonable for services rendered cap hit?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

cabber24

Quote from: herman on July 01, 2023, 07:33:25 AMO'Reilly and Schenn will be hitting the UFA market
How much does Schenn want? Seems crazy to let him walk go. I guess we'll eventually see how much he gets paid this year. He absolutely shocked me in the playoffs with defensive play not just physical play. I suppose he just might not want to play in Toronto.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

bustaheims

Quote from: cabber24 on July 01, 2023, 08:24:37 AM
Quote from: herman on July 01, 2023, 07:33:25 AMO'Reilly and Schenn will be hitting the UFA market
How much does Schenn want? Seems crazy to let him walk go. I guess we'll eventually see how much he gets paid this year. He absolutely shocked me in the playoffs with defensive play not just physical play. I suppose he just might not want to play in Toronto.

He's supposedly looking for around $2mx3
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Bender

Quote from: bustaheims on July 01, 2023, 08:29:58 AM

Pass
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

Maybe Twitter being down now is good for my health

Todays a good day for teams to make long term mistakes

bustaheims

Quote from: herman on July 01, 2023, 09:34:00 AMMaybe Twitter being down now is good for my health

Rate limit exceeded.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cabber24

Quote from: Bender on July 01, 2023, 08:49:58 AM

Pass
I would sign him for that. A depth guy or bought out later.

The cap in the NHL really is a mess right now. It's the only thing anyone talks about. I am curious to see if any goalies get paid.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

bustaheims

Quote from: cabber24 on July 01, 2023, 09:39:57 AM

Pass

The cap in the NHL really is a mess right now. It's the only thing anyone talks about. I am curious to see if any goalies get paid.

I wouldn't sign any contract that's a highly likelihood for a buyout before it even starts.

bustaheims

Quote from: herman on July 01, 2023, 09:34:00 AMMaybe Twitter being down now is good for my health

Browser version still works, btw

EDIT: at least, it did for a while...

herman

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: herman on June 30, 2023, 04:59:58 PMhttps://twitter.com/leafspr/status/1674899503545999362

Very moderately surprised they didn't qualify any of those defencemen. The Leafs only have 3 defencemen signed in the organization past the 6 NHLers. Guess they'll be shopping for some new Marlies.

Bill33

Quote from: cabber24 on July 01, 2023, 09:39:57 AM

Pass

I'd give Schenn more money on a shorter term - say 2.5 on a 2yr. If they're going to throw money at an absolute plug like Reaves, why not spend a bit on an actually useful player that brings some back-end toughness?

lamajama

Schenn to Nashville 3 years AAV $2.75!!

Good for Luke but glad Leafs didn't bite
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Bill33

Quote from: lamajama on July 01, 2023, 11:09:11 AMSchenn to Nashville 3 years AAV $2.75!!

Good for Luke but glad Leafs didn't bite

Yeah, that's too steep. Baffling overpay for Nashville. You bought out duchene to make these kind of deals?

lamajama

Saying ROR to Nashville. Too bad. I really like him in TO.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.