Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs General Discussion

Started by herman, May 31, 2023, 09:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

The AAV is what we as fans care about, but the total contract value, cap hit % relative to the market, and control is what the agent/Willy will be looking at.

Standard practice for Leafs stars since Brandon Pridham arrived:

9.88M AAV | 11.27% of 2024 Cap
Front-loaded with signing bonuses and nearly league min salary | 15M-14M-12M-10M-9M-7.04M-6M-6M
NMC for the first 4 years in alignment with Matthews' contract
M-NTC for the last 4 years so everyone has more flexibility if contention is in question

Comps:
Filip Forsberg is at 10.3% coming off a 42G 84Pt season
David Pastrnak is at 13.64% in the midst of a 61G 113Pt campaign

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

herman

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 07, 2023, 11:19:44 AMBummer, I'd like to read that Woll story.

Aside from the Lego, the only thing you need to know is:
QuoteBefore Woll left St. Louis for Michigan and the U.S. National Team Development Program at 16, he gave a gift to [Bruce] Racine as a thank-you for years of tutelage: A hand-drawn picture of Price.

"My idol," Woll said of Price.

Joe

Quote from: herman on December 07, 2023, 01:21:03 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 07, 2023, 11:19:44 AMBummer, I'd like to read that Woll story.

Aside from the Lego, theonly thing you need to know is:
QuoteBefore Woll left St. Louis for Michigan and the U.S. National Team Development Program at 16, he gave a gift to [Bruce] Racine as a thank-you for years of tutelage: A hand-drawn picture of Price.

"My idol," Woll said of Price.

Well that certainly beats the Iafrate pic I drew featuring what I can assume is him beating Jon Casey.

herman

Quote from: Joe on December 07, 2023, 02:52:09 PMWell that certainly beats the Iafrate pic I drew featuring what I can assume is him beating Jon Casey.

You went above and beyond on the netting detail though

L K

herman

Quote from: L K on December 09, 2023, 09:59:35 AMHigh ankle sprain.   Not great. 

Better than a hip dislocation!
Or knee ligament tear, or groin tear. Tearing in general would've sucked.

Bill_Berg_is_pissed_off

Quote from: herman on December 09, 2023, 10:29:36 AM
Quote from: L K on December 09, 2023, 09:59:35 AMHigh ankle sprain.   Not great. 

Better than a hip dislocation!
Or knee ligament tear, or groin tear. Tearing in general would've sucked.

So 6 weeks out, and it could be longer, puts it at about 20 games with no Woll. ☹️

cw

I've looked at the replay. It doesn't look wildly twisted or anything like that. If he hadn't remained down, I couldn't tell he'd been hurt on the play. Nothing obvious. It's in an awkward position that many goalies seem to get into. That might be positive in that it is not very mangled.

Highlander

I love Woll and have watched him step by step since the draft. He will be back, thank God, not some career type hip injury.  In the meantime maybe we get a small preview of the Beast if  Darby and Jones falter.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Guilt Trip

Quote from: cw on December 09, 2023, 12:18:03 PMI've looked at the replay. It doesn't look wildly twisted or anything like that. If he hadn't remained down, I couldn't tell he'd been hurt on the play. Nothing obvious. It's in an awkward position that many goalies seem to get into. That might be positive in that it is not very mangled.
They showed an earlier play where he might have tweaked something. I don't think the last move was the main culprit, just the final straw.
Kind of a best case scenario though. A groin or a knew would be much worse.

Highlander

Quote from: Guilt Trip on December 09, 2023, 12:33:54 PM
Quote from: cw on December 09, 2023, 12:18:03 PMI've looked at the replay. It doesn't look wildly twisted or anything like that. If he hadn't remained down, I couldn't tell he'd been hurt on the play. Nothing obvious. It's in an awkward position that many goalies seem to get into. That might be positive in that it is not very mangled.
They showed an earlier play where he might have tweaked something. I don't think the last move was the main culprit, just the final straw.
Yep, he may have tweaked the problem in one of is prior acrobatic saves.  He was channelling Hasek for a while.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Highlander on December 09, 2023, 12:45:01 PM
Quote from: Guilt Trip on December 09, 2023, 12:33:54 PM
Yep, he may have tweaked the problem in one of is prior acrobatic saves.  He was channelling Hasek for a while.
He was unreal.