Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Bob Cole, the voice of Hockey Night In Canada, passes away at age 90

Started by herman, April 25, 2024, 12:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zee

All my childhood Leafs memories were Bob Cole calling games.  RIP Bob, legend.

Dappleganger

Yeah, Bob Cole. Of all the legendary voices in hockey history, it was Bob Cole and Harry Neale for me. The best.

Derk

I grew up listening to Bob Cole. He was incredible and really made hockey exciting for me as a kid. He will be missed.

Rob

Highlander

Thanks Bob, RIP and call some games from the silvery gates.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Arn

For those with access to the Athletic, this is great:

https://theathletic.com/5445996/2024/04/25/bob-cole-most-memorable-calls/?source=user_shared_article

For me, across the Atlantic, Cole and Bowen are still the 2 voices I associate with hockey. A glorious mix of traditional, classy and conveying. Massive warmth for the sport.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

lamajama

Quote from: Highlander on April 25, 2024, 05:06:51 PMThanks Bob, RIP and call some games from the silvery gates.

Hopefully a Leafs Cup up there because........
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

cabber24

Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Bender

When Bob semi retired and he wasn't calling games anymore it felt like something wasn't right. Few did it better. Rest easy.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Nobody conveyed the rising excitement of a goal scoring opportunity better.