2024 Blue Jays

Started by Arn, December 05, 2023, 08:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arn

Well.

At least the offence is fixed...
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on April 04, 2024, 02:18:34 AMWell.

At least the offence is fixed...

Plan A - Ohtani
Plan B -

Frank E

Oof.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/blue-jays-jansen-romano-swanson-and-manoah-slated-to-play-in-triple-a-buffalo-this-week/

"Finally, starter Alek Manoah is expected to start for the Bisons on Saturday. Like Swanson, he pitched for low-A Dunedin on Sunday. However, the 26-year-old allowed six runs over 1.2 innings, walking four batters and allowing five hits."

Bender

Just came back from the Jays game. That was brutal. So hard to root for a team like this. Woof.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Arn

Quote from: Bender on April 10, 2024, 06:10:41 PMJust came back from the Jays game. That was brutal. So hard to root for a team like this. Woof.

I was watching on TV. As soon as they hit the HR in extra innings I turned off. Knew that was it done. Was surprised to see they even tacked a few more on when I checked the final result later on too.

cabber24

Quote from: Arn on April 11, 2024, 06:14:35 AM
Quote from: Bender on April 10, 2024, 06:10:41 PMJust came back from the Jays game. That was brutal. So hard to root for a team like this. Woof.

I was watching on TV. As soon as they hit the HR in extra innings I turned off. Knew that was it done. Was surprised to see they even tacked a few more on when I checked the final result later on too.
The first pitch of 10th, the ball is in the air, changed the chanel.
Upon the wicked He will rain Jerseys; blue and white and burning waffles will be the portion of their cup.

Arn

Blue Jays gonna Blue Jay

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on April 17, 2024, 05:07:19 PMBlue Jays gonna Blue Jay

That's a tough ninth for Swanson and Mayza.

7th in the league at .526 W% at this point, but it doesn't feel like they're a playoff team right now.

Arn

Quote from: Frank E on April 17, 2024, 06:05:09 PM
Quote from: Arn on April 17, 2024, 05:07:19 PMBlue Jays gonna Blue Jay

That's a tough ninth for Swanson and Mayza.

7th in the league at .526 W% at this point, but it doesn't feel like they're a playoff team right now.

Every now and again there are signs I think that they could be. But then there's too many things like last night (and I know the bullpen was light on availability and guys were making first appearances etc).

First time I've really seen Soto. He's a pleasure to watch. Shame he's a Yankee.