Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Kraken vs. Maple Leafs - Feb. 26th, 7:00pm - SNO, TSN 1050

Started by CarltonTheBear, February 25, 2023, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill33

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 26, 2023, 08:52:47 PMI think they should just give Stanley Cups to all EC playoff teams and declare the season over.

I think I'm going to be hyped to watch a lot of first round matchups. There's going to be some great hockey.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 26, 2023, 08:52:47 PMI think they should just give Stanley Cups to all EC playoff teams and declare the season over.

The difference between the East and West this season is absolutely insane. We talk about how stacked the Atlantic is but the Metro is right there with them with the Devils, Rangers (who might be getting Kane), and Hurricanes (who have plenty of cap space still and might make a deal). That's 6 teams that are better than any Western conference team right now.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Oh and Bill, didn't mean to get crossways with you. :)

All I am trying to say is: The Leafs need to stop playing nice and start playing Knies.

ahem

CarltonTheBear

Some Knies context, since he's come up here as well:

https://twitter.com/Kyle_Cush/status/1630021119309762560

If he was able to join the team around the deadline and get 15-20 games or so in before playoffs, I think he might be able to earn a spot and be a somewhat contributing members of the team in the bottom-6. I don't think there's much of a chance of that happening if he only gets 3 games. We'll see though I guess.

L K

I really wish we had a competent broadcast team.   Going over the D-pairs and their discussion of Liljegren-Giordano is that it's a pairing where Gio can settle down Liljegren.   Take a look at his numbers, he's consistently on the best pairing of the team.  Liljegren doesn't need settling down. 

Bill33

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 26, 2023, 08:57:50 PMOh and Bill, didn't mean to get crossways with you. :)

All I am trying to say is: The Leafs need to stop playing nice and start playing Knies.

ahem

Heyyyyooooooo

Zee

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on February 26, 2023, 08:58:33 PMSome Knies context, since he's come up here as well:

https://twitter.com/Kyle_Cush/status/1630021119309762560

If he was able to join the team around the deadline and get 15-20 games or so in before playoffs, I think he might be able to earn a spot and be a somewhat contributing members of the team in the bottom-6. I don't think there's much of a chance of that happening if he only gets 3 games. We'll see though I guess.

I got nothing against Minnesota but hopefully they lose early

Bill33

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 26, 2023, 08:59:32 PMSamsonov is my MotM to date.

Yeah, he's been terrific. I want to give one to him, marner, and Lillegren...so far, lots of candidates

Bill33

Lol, in the playoffs, ZARs penalty is a legit hockey play

L K

Must be nice to be an NHL official and only have to watch one team for infractions if the score isn't tied

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Bill33 on February 26, 2023, 09:08:37 PMLol, in the playoffs, ZARs penalty is a legit hockey play

For the Leafs that's always a penalty, even in the playoffs. Remember Simmonds got dinged for something very similar last year.

Against the Leafs in the playoffs though, legit hockey play.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: Bill33 on February 26, 2023, 09:05:22 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 26, 2023, 08:59:32 PMSamsonov is my MotM to date.

Yeah, he's been terrific. I want to give one to him, marner, and Lillegren...so far, lots of candidates

Liljegren is darned near untouchable at this point.  If he keeps going he'll be a top pair guy.

Bill33