Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Flyers @ Maple Leafs - Dec. 22nd, 2:00pm - SNO, Fan 590

Started by CarltonTheBear, December 21, 2022, 11:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herman

I wish the blue on these jerseys was a bit brighter. Doesn't have to be electric and doesn't have to be the standard blue, but just a bit brighter will pop nicely. And full white numbers. I can only tell who the players are by their skating and approximate height.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Is the 5F concept to have Matthews shooting from way out in the back pasture?  Where's the movement when Marner has the puck?

Quote from: herman on December 22, 2022, 02:40:23 PMI wish the blue on these jerseys was a bit brighter. Doesn't have to be electric and doesn't have to be the standard blue, but just a bit brighter will pop nicely. And full white numbers. I can only tell who the players are by their skating and approximate height.

Nylander's the guy who skates all hunched-over-like.  No need to thank me.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 22, 2022, 02:43:05 PMIs the 5F concept to have Matthews shooting from way out in the back pasture?  Where's the movement when Marner has the puck?

It was weird how close to the blue line all 3 of Matthews, Marner, and Nylander were generally playing on that PP. Neither of the flanks put themselves in a prime shooting spot at any point.

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on December 22, 2022, 02:44:25 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 22, 2022, 02:43:05 PMIs the 5F concept to have Matthews shooting from way out in the back pasture?  Where's the movement when Marner has the puck?

It was weird how close to the blue line all 3 of Matthews, Marner, and Nylander were generally playing on that PP. Neither of the flanks put themselves in a prime shooting spot at any point.

Right.  It was the PP equivalent of rope-a-dope.

That intermission segment needs to be rapidly discarded and not, emphatically not, placed in an archive or a time capsule.

And the first 1:30 of the 3:30 PP is unsuccessful. 

lamajama

My hope is if Leafs can actually score, the floodgates will open....but to do this they actually have to score ONE
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

bustaheims

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag