Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Maple Leafs @ Stars - Dec. 6th, 8:30pm - SNO, Fan 590

Started by CarltonTheBear, December 05, 2022, 10:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nik

I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

herman

Which led to this:
Quote from: herman on December 06, 2022, 10:18:05 PMhttps://twitter.com/nathangraviteh/status/1600326368813670400

Marner with a heroic effort after losing his stick on a block; sort of gets away with two penalties (playing with the broken stick; closing his hand on the puck at the whistle) but just had excellent reads of the flow of shot attempts from Dallas and stayed on top of what he could.

Somewhat new thing in the Keefe era: the team builds a lot of momentum off successful PK efforts. They do have a lot of players that relish and excel in the spadework of penalty killing, and now goalies that actually stop pucks.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Arn

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on December 06, 2022, 09:52:43 PM
Quote from: Bullfrog on December 06, 2022, 09:49:32 PMThe double minor for high-sticking is even worse when you consider the injuries could be prevented from wearing better protective gear, such as a cage or other protection.

Yes, yes, i know it'll get in the way of the face-punching.

I'm in the camp that they should all wear cages just like they did as kids.

I watched a few NCAA games a couple of weeks ago. They were some of the fastest, hardest hitting hockey I've seen. Cages didn't get in the way in the slightest.

That's from a viewing aspect, of course, not a playing one.

We had a similar thing in cricket - as a kid I grew up never wearing a helmet. It wasn't the done thing, then the visor got in my eye line when I did try. Then I had my nose broken by a ball that deflected up off my bat. Amazingly I can see through the visor when wearing one now.

They brought a rule in that anyone under the age of 18 in the year of 2000 had to wear one (with mandatory visor), no exceptions. Now you just don't see anyone NOT wearing one.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Significantly Insignificant

Quote from: L K on December 06, 2022, 11:04:45 PM
Quote from: lamajama on December 06, 2022, 11:03:53 PMAnd they did! Double shutout #30 and Robertson no point!

Leafs have been streak Enders this year

That bodes well.  There is this long streak they could end...
"We can't change what's done, we can only move on." - Arthur Morgan

OldTimeHockey

Andy

OldTimeHockey

Quote from: Andy on December 07, 2022, 02:18:38 PM
Quote from: OldTimeHockey on December 07, 2022, 02:15:12 PMNice to see Kerfoot finally got a goal.

And still doesn't have any at even strength. Yikes

But, it's certainly an interesting gameplan for not getting traded.