Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Leafs acquire Conor Timmins from ARI

Started by CarltonTheBear, November 24, 2022, 12:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Highlander on November 24, 2022, 02:25:56 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on November 24, 2022, 02:18:40 PMOfftopic but Hollowell held his own last nite, good for him.
Ya Hollowell was very composed, good skater and good vision, plays the gaps well.
He looked just like he does with the Marlies...great skater, passer...

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

princedpw

Quote from: Guilt Trip on November 24, 2022, 02:50:48 PM
Quote from: Highlander on November 24, 2022, 02:25:56 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on November 24, 2022, 02:18:40 PMOfftopic but Hollowell held his own last nite, good for him.
Ya Hollowell was very composed, good skater and good vision, plays the gaps well.
He looked just like he does with the Marlies...great skater, passer...

I was at the game. I did notice a couple of times where he got the puck low in the D zone, had time, and then just tossed it up the boards to the opposing dman at the point. Seemed like a bad rookie turnover. So he's def got room to improve. (Stating the obvious no doubt.)

herman

Quote from: princedpw on November 24, 2022, 06:15:12 PMI was at the game. I did notice a couple of times where he got the puck low in the D zone, had time, and then just tossed it up the boards to the opposing dman at the point. Seemed like a bad rookie turnover. So he's def got room to improve. (Stating the obvious no doubt.)

More importantly, what did you throw?
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Arn

Quote from: herman on November 24, 2022, 08:46:42 PM
Quote from: princedpw on November 24, 2022, 06:15:12 PMI was at the game. I did notice a couple of times where he got the puck low in the D zone, had time, and then just tossed it up the boards to the opposing dman at the point. Seemed like a bad rookie turnover. So he's def got room to improve. (Stating the obvious no doubt.)

More importantly, what did you throw?
#

If it wasn't waffles, you're not a Leafs fan.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Zee

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Zee on November 25, 2022, 09:24:27 AMWonder if he plays today

Already confirmed he'll sit. They want him to have a minute to settle in a bit more first.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: Frank E on November 24, 2022, 01:32:13 PM
Quote from: bustaheims on November 24, 2022, 01:27:17 PM
Quote from: L K on November 24, 2022, 12:57:53 PMCurtis Douglas was never going to play for the Leafs.  Connor Timmins may never be healthy enough to play for the Leafs.  6'2 200lbs RHD wins that trade every day of the week.  We also had pretty good success the last time we acquired a RHD from the Coyotes

This.

If Timmins gets into games for the Leafs, that's already an asset upgrade. If he even approaches the potential he once had, it's a huge steal. Douglas isn't a big loss (outside of the fact he's, you know, a large human).

Maybe.

Good trade on the face of it, but yeah, I kinda wanted to see him make the Leafs.