Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Penguins @ Maple Leafs - Nov. 11th, 7:00pm - TSN4, TSN 1050

Started by CarltonTheBear, November 11, 2022, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrownRolo

Quote from: herman on November 11, 2022, 09:03:08 PMMarner continues to give away the puck

It seems like he had time and space but intead passes it 3 feet to Matthews. Just a pointless play.

herman

Quote from: BrownRolo on November 11, 2022, 09:07:46 PM
Quote from: herman on November 11, 2022, 09:03:08 PMMarner continues to give away the puck

It seems like he had time and space but intead passes it 3 feet to Matthews. Just a pointless play.

Threw it right into the skate of the forechecker he already evaded. Started up that whole DZ sequence when Matthews and Kerfoot had already geared up to attack.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

azzurri63

That and I laughed at Holl. WTF was he doing? He's watching Malkin and doesn't go to him and is basically out of position.

herman

Quote from: azzurri63 on November 11, 2022, 09:13:14 PM

That and I laughed at Holl. WTF was he doing? He's watching Malkin and doesn't go to him and is basically out of position.

Granted it's a wonky bounce off Brodie's block, but yeah Holl is just drifting away staring into the middle distance.
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

herman

How do you screw up a 2-0 Marner? And then get scored on immediately in return?
#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

azzurri63

8 shots in almost half a game by the Pens and we are losing.

BrownRolo

I really think the Leafs need to move on from Marner. He has some nifty passes but he also just makes too many brain-dead plays. He also always loses puck battles. He is sooo afraid of contact. Move him for a Top 6 forward and a top 4 dman.

azzurri63

Honestly other than Samsonov who I'm not sold on team has grossly underperformed. As a cup contender or favourite at this moment we don't even look like a playoff team. Everything is a concern for me and especially scoring which none of us would have thought we would be struggling with.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: BrownRolo on November 11, 2022, 09:38:21 PMI really think the Leafs need to move on from Marner. He has some nifty passes but he also just makes too many brain-dead plays. He also always loses puck battles. He is sooo afraid of contact. Move him for a Top 6 forward and a top 4 dman.

No.

Alternative: Put him with Tavares again; they were dynamite back in the day.  He and Matthews have been stale all year.  Flip-flop him with Willy and run with it for more than a game or two.

herman

Quote from: BrownRolo on November 11, 2022, 09:38:21 PMI really think the Leafs need to move on from Marner. He has some nifty passes but he also just makes too many brain-dead plays. He also always loses puck battles. He is sooo afraid of contact. Move him for a Top 6 forward and a top 4 dman.

I value the creativity, but it needs to be deployed at the right time and place.
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Liljegrenius

Bullfrog