Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Goaltenders: the pipeline of the guy between the pipes

Started by herman, November 08, 2022, 01:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Highlander

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

herman

#27


Bender

Also of note, Akhtyamov and Peksa's stats are still holding up in the MHL as well. Hopefully they continue to progress.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

nutman

We may have a gem in this guy let's hope the leafs give him another look.

herman

#27

OldTimeHockey


Highlander

I think Ankles can take some time, probably if its bad Dubas wants it hushed for the time being. Lets hope Woll is ready. Samsanov is certainly looking like a number 1 to me.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Zee

Quote from: Highlander on February 01, 2023, 01:17:39 PMI think Ankles can take some time, probably if its bad Dubas wants it hushed for the time being. Lets hope Woll is ready. Samsanov is certainly looking like a number 1 to me.

This is actually a blessing in disguise for the Leafs as we get to see if Woll can handle the backup role for a bit. If he can, I say we have our answer for next season's backup in house. Would be nice to see a Leafs drafted goalie actually develop and play well for the Leafs.

Highlander

Kallgren has been looking very sharp with the Marlies, turned aside 45 shots in a 2-1 win.  Had 42 saves against Charlotte in a 4-3 loss, but Moore says he has found his groove.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Highlander on February 17, 2023, 02:11:59 PMKallgren has been looking very sharp with the Marlies, turned aside 45 shots in a 2-1 win.  Had 42 saves against Charlotte in a 4-3 loss, but Moore says he has found his groove.
And then.....
https://twitter.com/nickbarden/status/1626759761331998720

Bender

Peksa and Akhtyamov both still having solid seasons.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Highlander

Quote from: Guilt Trip on February 17, 2023, 09:07:30 PM
Quote from: Highlander on February 17, 2023, 02:11:59 PMKallgren has been looking very sharp with the Marlies, turned aside 45 shots in a 2-1 win.  Had 42 saves against Charlotte in a 4-3 loss, but Moore says he has found his groove.
And then.....
https://twitter.com/nickbarden/status/1626759761331998720
guess he burnt out and had a bad outing
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

caveman

If he continues to play well the Leafs will need to give Woll a long look... it might be next year as the backup.. or sooner due to injury.. Murray is signed for next year but Samsonov has outplayed him lately.. Dubas says he is set in net but.. 8 more days to find out..

bustaheims

Quote from: caveman on February 23, 2023, 03:22:33 PMIf he continues to play well the Leafs will need to give Woll a long look... it might be next year as the backup.. or sooner due to injury.. Murray is signed for next year but Samsonov has outplayed him lately.. Dubas says he is set in net but.. 8 more days to find out..

Deadline trades for goalies rarely are about guys that are going to play significant games. Usually, they're about adding a better 3rd option. If you need a goalie, by the deadline, it's usually too late.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan