Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Maple Leafs @ Hurricanes - Nov. 6th, 5:00pm - TSN4, TSN 1050

Started by CarltonTheBear, November 06, 2022, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Big props to Matthews for his defense prior to the goal.

And credit to Justin Holl.  He has bounced back.

herman

I don't want to ever hear anything negative about Nylander's effort ever again.

He made this game a much easier finish.
#27

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: herman on November 06, 2022, 07:30:19 PMI don't want to ever hear anything negative about Nylander's effort ever again.

He made this game a much easier finish.

Guy's a poodle.  A very skilled poodle, mind you.

azzurri63

Well they came out flat and didn't look good but they hung in there and pulled it off.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Kallgren keeps this up he'll be the second greatest Leafs goalie to wear #50.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

OK, honest answers: who among us predicted a weekend sweep with only 2 goals surrendered?

I know I did.

herman

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on November 06, 2022, 07:33:04 PM
Quote from: herman on November 06, 2022, 07:30:19 PMI don't want to ever hear anything negative about Nylander's effort ever again.

He made this game a much easier finish.

Guy's a poodle.  A very skilled poodle, mind you.

#27

Rick Couchman

Quote from: Bender on November 06, 2022, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Rick Couchman on November 06, 2022, 06:31:24 PM
Quote from: Bender on November 06, 2022, 05:22:53 PMThe sieve lets one in.

A .884 sv% for a backup to the backup? Not really what I'd call a sieve. I can live with that.

I know it is what it is. You still don't win many games with that kind of goaltending... or with the type of shot he let in. Luckily he's done the job thus far.

I still don't get the sieve comment at all. He's done exactly what has been expected of him.  Or better than expected.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: herman on November 06, 2022, 07:35:59 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on November 06, 2022, 07:33:04 PM
Quote from: herman on November 06, 2022, 07:30:19 PMI don't want to ever hear anything negative about Nylander's effort ever again.

He made this game a much easier finish.

Guy's a poodle.  A very skilled poodle, mind you.



Good Lord. 

Bro's beard looks like it came straight off the pooch.

bustaheims

They haven't allowed an even strength goal since the 1st period against Philly. I feel like that's good.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Britishbulldog

Quote from: Rick Couchman on November 06, 2022, 07:37:32 PM
Quote from: Bender on November 06, 2022, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Rick Couchman on November 06, 2022, 06:31:24 PM
Quote from: Bender on November 06, 2022, 05:22:53 PMThe sieve lets one in.

A .884 sv% for a backup to the backup? Not really what I'd call a sieve. I can live with that.

I know it is what it is. You still don't win many games with that kind of goaltending... or with the type of shot he let in. Luckily he's done the job thus far.

I still don't get the sieve comment at all. He's done exactly what has been expected of him.  Or better than expected.

It's kind of like the time I called Sundin a Swedish Meatball and you didn't get the comment and challenged me?  You were right then and you are again correct now.  I mean I made my comment in... 1997 I think.  I can't remember if that was on the Penalty Box site or before that...
All The Best
Dan

Rick Couchman

Quote from: Britishbulldog on November 06, 2022, 07:48:24 PM
Quote from: Rick Couchman on November 06, 2022, 07:37:32 PM
Quote from: Bender on November 06, 2022, 06:37:30 PM
Quote from: Rick Couchman on November 06, 2022, 06:31:24 PM
Quote from: Bender on November 06, 2022, 05:22:53 PMThe sieve lets one in.

A .884 sv% for a backup to the backup? Not really what I'd call a sieve. I can live with that.

I know it is what it is. You still don't win many games with that kind of goaltending... or with the type of shot he let in. Luckily he's done the job thus far.

I still don't get the sieve comment at all. He's done exactly what has been expected of him.  Or better than expected.

It's kind of like the time I called Sundin a Swedish Meatball and you didn't get the comment and challenged me?  You were right then and you are again correct now.  I mean I made my comment in... 1997 I think.  I can't remember if that was on the Penalty Box site or before that...

I've been a meatball on many occasions - and still am :)

Zee

When Kallgren gave up that goal I thought it would be a long night but credit to him and the entire team, they worked hard for that win. Didn't expect it on a back to back with such short turnaround

CarltonTheBear

#73
This win brought Kallgren's Sv% up to .904. Here's a list of notable goalies that currently beats: Jarry, Markstrom, Knight, Bobrovsky, Andersen, Quick, Fleury, Nedeljkovic, Blackwood, Binnington, Demko, Kahkonen, Swayman, Campell, Petersen, Merzlikins, Grubauer.

Rob

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on November 06, 2022, 11:26:03 PMThis win brought Kallgren's Sv% up to .904. Here's a list of notable goalies that currently beats: Jarry, Markstrom, Knight, Bobrovsky, Andersen, Quick, Fleury, Nedeljkovic, Blackwood, Binnington, Demko, Kahkonen, Swayman, Campell, Petersen, Merzlikins, Grubauer.

Not bad for a sieve.