Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Bruins @ Maple Leafs - Nov. 5th, 7:00pm - CBC, Fan 590

Started by CarltonTheBear, November 04, 2022, 07:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Significantly Insignificant

Quote from: Frank E on November 05, 2022, 05:55:57 PM
Quote from: Significantly Insignificant on November 05, 2022, 03:45:50 PM
Quote from: herman on November 05, 2022, 01:33:37 PMThe facts are these:
Holl is trusted for defensive match ups.
Holl needs to be second banana on his pair: he can't carry
Brodie is our best defensive defenseman

Sans Muzzin, the only real way to maximize Holl (the Leafs are a better team when he is going good), is to play him with Brodie. Everything else stems from that matchup pairing decision.

I thought last year Holl had some of his best games with Giordano.  I may have that wrong though.  I thought the narrative was that placing a struggling dman with Giordano fixed the struggling dman.

I just wonder if it's too much to ask for both Sandin and Brodie to play on sides they aren't used to playing.

So I think ideally, and eventually, you go with:

Rielly - Brodie
Sandin - Liljegren
Gio - Holl

But until they can see where Liljegren is at, as well as Sandin, then I think we see all kinds of variations until these guys can (hopefully) settle into proper predictable performances.

Agreed on all accounts, which why I don't think the lineup formation tonight is all that bad.  I just wonder about Sandin struggling on his wrong side.  Brodie should be able to handle it, but then he is also playing with a struggling Holl, so there is that.
"We can't change what's done, we can only move on." - Arthur Morgan

Downtown

Can't be cheering for Connor Brown no more.

azzurri63

L K

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Rob

Downtown

I'd like to see Robertson in the lineup, but Malgin has played really well. He even threw a hit!
Can't be cheering for Connor Brown no more.

azzurri63

Good period by the Leafs so far. Held Boston in check and probably unfortunate we are only up by 1.

L K

Arn

Hello from Barcelona!

Just checking in cos my self imposed exile failed miserably. Unreal finish by Matthews.

I hope he doesn't smirk at anyone the wrong way tonight.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.