Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2022/2023 General NBA Thread

Started by Nik, November 03, 2022, 08:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nik

The Nets have finally suspended Kyrie Irving for "at least" 5 games:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34942326/nets-suspend-kyrie-irving-least-five-games-pay

And if I could just say, as a Jewish person, what a bummer this all is. Between him and Kanye the idea that these attitudes are creeping back into society is really, really disheartening. That's why I think it's so bogus when people say that anyone "goes around looking for reasons to be offended". Anti-semitism, of the sort scene here, just makes me feel bad. I don't want it in my life. I don't want to have to edit my spotify playlists because some doofus who makes good music thinks my people nefariously control the world's economy. It just flat-out sucks.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

OldTimeHockey

Quote from: Nik on November 03, 2022, 08:38:10 PMThe Nets have finally suspended Kyrie Irving for "at least" 5 games:

[url]https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34942326/nets-suspend-kyrie-irving-least-five-games-pay[/ur]

And if I could just say, as a Jewish person, what a bummer this all is. Between him and Kanye the idea that these attitudes are creeping back into society is really, really disheartening. That's why I think it's so bogus when people say that anyone "goes around looking for reasons to be offended". Anti-semitism, of the sort scene here, just makes me feel bad. I don't want it in my life. I don't want to have to edit my spotify playlists because some doofus who makes good music thinks my people nefariously control the world's economy. It just flat-out sucks.

I find it quite sad to see an oppressed people attacking another oppressed group of people.