•Jakob Chychrun - Wrist - Injured Reserve
•William Nylander - Illness - Probable
•Matt Murray - Thigh - Injured Reserve
•Timothy Liljegren - Hernia - Injured Reserve
•Jordie Benn - Groin - Injured Reserve

Game notes
ARI
•Karel Vejmelka (0-2-0, 5.54 GAA, .884 Sv%) will likely start for the Coyotes
•The definitely not tanking for Connor Bedard Arizona Coyotes are 0-2 to start their season while being outscored 5-12
•Travis Boyd leads all Coyotes forwards in ice-time averaging 20:00 in their first 2 games, while Nick Ritchie leads the team in goals with 2

TOR
•Ilya Samsonov (2-0-0, 2.00 GAA, .926 Sv%) will likely start for the Maple Leafs
•With Murray on LTIR Toronto had cap space to call up some extra bodies for the roster: Robertson, Simmonds, Mete
•Of the 3 Robertson is the one most likely to crack the line-up. He skated with Tavares and Malgin at practice on Sunday with Nylander absent because of an illness. If Nylander is able to play it's not confirmed which one of Malgin or Robertson would play/sit

Streams                                                                           
NHL66

L K

Arizona is terrible so I'm fully expecting an OT loss

princedpw

The Ritchie-Matthews goal scoring race should be an interesting one this year.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: L K on October 16, 2022, 09:06:13 PMArizona is terrible so I'm fully expecting an OT loss

Just think back to last year's stinker in Scottsdale.  They got shutout by Vejmelka IIRC.

Keefe & Co will be challenged to try to make they don't play down to these guys (as they do too often).

cw

Ah yes, motivation ...

"Hey guys, Pittsburgh and Boston lit them up. 6.00 GAA. Want to pad your $tats?"

"Auston, Nick Ritchie has more goals than you do ..."

Rick Couchman

Frank E

Thank goodness this one is in Toronto.  I'm not looking forward to our boys going into that Arizona rink with its crowd.

Frank E

That Leafs PR team is in full swing this past weekend...

Murray goes on LTIR after 1 start:

"This is why Samsonov is here, we planned for this sort of thing.  This is a great exciting opportunity for him!"

"The resulting cap space now allows us to call up Robertson and Simmonds...Simmonds, the pride of Scarborough...and Robertson deserved to be here the whole time...what a great exciting opportunity for him!" 

CarltonTheBear

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status/1582019161328271360

Thought this might happen. Leafs don't have a B2B until the very end of the month and here's 5 games before then. The team can't run Samsonov into the ground with Murray out.

bustaheims

Might as well start the AHL goalie against the AHL team.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Frank E

I think I'd be convinced to allow Samsonov to get on a roll...they don't play again until Thursday.

But maybe they're playing defense here...if Samsonov gets beat up by Arizona, well then the headlines will write themselves.  If Kallgren gets beat up, meh.

Downtown

Can't be cheering for Connor Brown no more.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: Frank E on October 17, 2022, 09:58:47 AMThank goodness this one is in Toronto.  I'm not looking forward to our boys going into that Arizona rink with its crowd.

You are staking an early claim to the FanHart.  Keep 'er goin'.