Nikita Zaitsev

Injuries
•Cam Talbot - Ribs - Injured Reserve
•Timothy Liljegren - Hernia - Injured Reserve
•Jordie Benn - Groin - Injured Reserve

Game notes
OTT
•Anton Forsberg will likely start for the sens
•The sens opened their season on Thursday with a 4-1 loss against the Buffalo Sabres
•Nikita Zaitsev was a healthy scratch in game 1, and is expected to be in the press box again on Saturday. Zaitsev is in the 2nd last season of the 7-year, $4.5mil AAV contract he signed with the Leafs back in 2017

TOR
•Matt Murray will likely start for the Maple Leafs
•Keefe said on Thursday that he hadn't decided on a starting goalie for this game yet, but I think it's probably likely he gives Murray the first start against his old team

Streams                                                                     
NHLStreams
NHL66

Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Downtown

Can't be cheering for Connor Brown no more.

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

L K

Could be as little as missing one game so I'm not going to panic but it's still concerning that 2 games into the season he's already banged up.

Looks like we might get an EBUG tonight backing up Samsonov.

Kallgren got hurt last night. Woll is on the IR and now Murray is hurt.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: L K on October 15, 2022, 11:30:49 AMCould be as little as missing one game so I'm not going to panic but it's still concerning that 2 games into the season he's already banged up.

Looks like we might get an EBUG tonight backing up Samsonov.

Kallgren got hurt last night. Woll is on the IR and now Murray is hurt.

This is kinda why I didn't love the Woll extension, especially for 3 years. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I never see him becoming a NHL guy and he's simply not reliable/durable enough to be a call-up option since he's just as likely (if not more) to be hurt when a NHL goalie gets hurt as well. I'd have rather seen a guy like Petruzzelli get a NHL deal.

Highlander

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Highlander on October 15, 2022, 12:52:03 PMWho will get the call up?
They can't call anyone up right now because of the cap.
If Murray goes on LTIR Kallgren would get the call...looks like ATO is the way to go tonight if Murray can't back up

RedLeaf

I thought we might get into goaltending concerns at some point this season, but never suspected it would be two games in. Jeeeeez
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Frank E

If this guy is out for a bit, there are going to be 10 million I TOLD YOU SO articles written in about by Monday.