Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Preseason: Red Wings @ Leafs - Oct. 8th, 7:00pm - TSN4, TSN 1050

Started by CarltonTheBear, October 08, 2022, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CarltonTheBear

Final preseason game in 2022. Murray is scheduled to start. Expect a reversal from Friday's game: Toronto will likely have a NHL-heavy roster while Detroit rests most of their regulars. Lines below are from the non-playing group at practice on Friday:

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1578414296580599808

Zee

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 08, 2022, 01:08:54 AMFinal preseason game in 2022. Murray is scheduled to start. Expect a reversal from Friday's game: Toronto will likely have a NHL-heavy roster while Detroit rests most of their regulars. Lines below are from the non-playing group at practice on Friday:

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1578414296580599808

Who the hell are Miller, Hellickson and Hoefenmayer?

Deebo

Quote from: Zee on October 08, 2022, 10:42:20 AM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 08, 2022, 01:08:54 AMFinal preseason game in 2022. Murray is scheduled to start. Expect a reversal from Friday's game: Toronto will likely have a NHL-heavy roster while Detroit rests most of their regulars. Lines below are from the non-playing group at practice on Friday:

https://twitter.com/dalter/status/1578414296580599808

Who the hell are Miller, Hellickson and Hoefenmayer?

and Slaggert

bustaheims

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cw

Quote from: Deebo on October 08, 2022, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: Zee on October 08, 2022, 10:42:20 AMWho the hell are Miller, Hellickson and Hoefenmayer?

and Slaggert

Leafs AHL/ECHLers who were just filling in
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/mapleleafs
https://marlies.ca/article/toronto-marlies-announce-2022-training-camp-roster

https://twitter.com/jonassiegel/status/1578773907133599746
QuoteJonas Siegel
@jonassiegel
Leafs likely lineup in their preseason finale:

Bunting — Matthews — Marner
Gaudette — Nylander — Malgin
Engvall — Kerfoot — Jarnkrok
Aston-Reese — Kampf — Aube-Kubel

Rielly — Brodie
Muzzin — Holl
Giordano — Sandin

Murray
11:46 AM · Oct 8, 2022
·Twitter for iPhone

Notably, Robertson is not there ... Gaudette is ..
Not sure why ..

Zee

Quote from: cw on October 08, 2022, 01:12:48 PM
Quote from: Deebo on October 08, 2022, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: Zee on October 08, 2022, 10:42:20 AMWho the hell are Miller, Hellickson and Hoefenmayer?

and Slaggert

Leafs AHL/ECHLers who were just filling in
https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/mapleleafs
https://marlies.ca/article/toronto-marlies-announce-2022-training-camp-roster

https://twitter.com/jonassiegel/status/1578773907133599746
QuoteJonas Siegel
@jonassiegel
Leafs likely lineup in their preseason finale:

Bunting — Matthews — Marner
Gaudette — Nylander — Malgin
Engvall — Kerfoot — Jarnkrok
Aston-Reese — Kampf — Aube-Kubel

Rielly — Brodie
Muzzin — Holl
Giordano — Sandin

Murray
11:46 AM · Oct 8, 2022
·Twitter for iPhone

Notably, Robertson is not there ... Gaudette is ..
Not sure why ..

I think Robertson made the team and they want one last look at Gaudette and Malgin to see if one of them sticks

herman

Quote from: cw on October 08, 2022, 01:12:48 PMNotably, Robertson is not there ... Gaudette is ..
Not sure why ..

Holmberg and Robertson are on ELCs and waiver exempt so the decisions on them are sort of dependent on whether Gaudette and Malgin stake a claim to being too valuable to risk waiving at this time.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

cw



Looks like Robertson is on the roster for tonight along with Malgin, Holmberg & Gaudette
(14 forwards)
Kral & Mete round out 8 dmen

I guess we'll find out who dresses nearer to game time ...

If a player is not on that roster ...

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: cw on October 08, 2022, 02:47:00 PMLooks like Robertson is on the roster for tonight along with Malgin, Holmberg & Gaudette
(14 forwards)
Kral & Mete round out 8 dmen

I guess we'll find out who dresses nearer to game time ...

Keefe confirmed Gaudette and Malgin are in tonight, Robertson and Holmberg out. Sandin is also playing back to back.

Frank E

Quote from: herman on October 08, 2022, 02:37:45 PM
Quote from: cw on October 08, 2022, 01:12:48 PMNotably, Robertson is not there ... Gaudette is ..
Not sure why ..

Holmberg and Robertson are on ELCs and waiver exempt so the decisions on them are sort of dependent on whether Gaudette and Malgin stake a claim to being too valuable to risk waiving at this time.

Asset management.

cw

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 08, 2022, 02:48:47 PM
Quote from: cw on October 08, 2022, 02:47:00 PMLooks like Robertson is on the roster for tonight along with Malgin, Holmberg & Gaudette
(14 forwards)
Kral & Mete round out 8 dmen

I guess we'll find out who dresses nearer to game time ...

Keefe confirmed Gaudette and Malgin are in tonight, Robertson and Holmberg out. Sandin is also playing back to back.

Holl was thought to have food poisoning yesterday. CBS is listing him as having an "abdomen" injury.
Mete's foot was too sore from blocking Robertson's shot last night.
Sandin, who played last night, has one of them covered. Kral may be on there to fill in for the other.

Robertson played in the last minute last night. He might be banged up from the games like many others but I don't recall any injury. Probably a well-deserved rest.

Last night seemed like it must be Gaudette's best game because it was the first time I noticed him a few times for good reasons. I think he's still nursing a sore shoulder.

bustaheims

Quote from: herman on October 08, 2022, 02:37:45 PM
Quote from: cw on October 08, 2022, 01:12:48 PMNotably, Robertson is not there ... Gaudette is ..
Not sure why ..

Holmberg and Robertson are on ELCs and waiver exempt so the decisions on them are sort of dependent on whether Gaudette and Malgin stake a claim to being too valuable to risk waiving at this time.

Between this and Robertson having basically played his way onto the team, I think we have our answer. I think they also want to be sure they give Gaudette a fair shake, given his injury and such.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cw

Quote from: bustaheims on October 08, 2022, 03:15:36 PM
Quote from: herman on October 08, 2022, 02:37:45 PM
Quote from: cw on October 08, 2022, 01:12:48 PMNotably, Robertson is not there ... Gaudette is ..
Not sure why ..

Holmberg and Robertson are on ELCs and waiver exempt so the decisions on them are sort of dependent on whether Gaudette and Malgin stake a claim to being too valuable to risk waiving at this time.

Between this and Robertson having basically played his way onto the team, I think we have our answer. I think they also want to be sure they give Gaudette a fair shake, given his injury and such.

I wonder if it is a gesture.
No way he's shown enough to beat out Robertson or Malgin - in my opinion - for what the Leafs need on 2nd & 3rd scoring lines.

Aston-Reese Kampf Aube-Kubel line seems to have been set the second Aston-Reese agreed to a PTO.

Who gets over a shoulder injury in a couple of days?

His career suffered significant setback for years with illness. He signs here.
Experienced some tough luck with his shoulder injury early in preseason - which pretty much killed his chances that were slim to begin with.
Sucked it up and tried anyway.
He played decently last night. Just missed scoring a goal with a good shot, got an assist

If he doesn't get picked up off waivers, he goes to the AHL knowing they treated him fairly.
If he gets picked up off waivers, he goes to another team telling them the Leafs treated him well and fairly. Which is good PR particularly for signing future PTOs and fringe UFA players.

That's my guess as to what is happening.
With the cap situation and few roster spots, I do not see Gaudette with a realistic chance of making this roster.
With the effort Robertson made, Robertson should recharge his batteries tonight and maybe prepare to be an emergency recall.

Bullfrog


Guilt Trip