herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

Zee

herman

I love that Clifford and Simmonds are trying to wheel and deal a little with all the space Detroit is giving them
#BeBlessed #scumbag

RedLeaf

2-0 AHL so far.

So if the NHL was a play-in league Detroit would be relegated and Toronto would have two teams in the NHL? LOL
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

Zee

Downtown

The first goal Samsonov let in wasn't great, but he made up for it with that save in the second.
Can't be cheering for Connor Brown no more.

Bender

Don't have the horsepower to pull this one off. Good to see they've been in it all game though vs. an NHL roster.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Bender

Nick really can't be trying to beat 3 guys alone like that and have the pick go the other way.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

cw

Quote from: Downtown on October 07, 2022, 08:58:28 PMThe first goal Samsonov let in wasn't great, but he made up for it with that save in the second.

I could be wrong but my impression was that he seemed to be partially screened on that first goal.
He seemed to think it was going towards the other side of the net and then picked it up too late.

He had another good save beyond the theft from Larkin where he moved laterally very well.

I haven't seen him enough to be very conclusive. So far, he seems like he's got some potential.

The balance of mostly AHLers in front of him made a decent account of themselves against a roster with several NHLers.

Zee

The knock against Samsonov in Washington was he'd look great for stretches and made really good saves but then let in some iffy goals. Hope that's not the case but I saw some of that in preseason

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Zee on October 08, 2022, 10:46:00 AMThe knock against Samsonov in Washington was he'd look great for stretches and made really good saves but then let in some iffy goals. Hope that's not the case but I saw some of that in preseason

I mean this feels like the "knock" against about 80% of NHL goalies.

Arn

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on October 08, 2022, 11:21:52 AM
Quote from: Zee on October 08, 2022, 10:46:00 AMThe knock against Samsonov in Washington was he'd look great for stretches and made really good saves but then let in some iffy goals. Hope that's not the case but I saw some of that in preseason

I mean this feels like the "knock" against about 80% of NHL goalies.

I'd say closer to 90%, and especially so if platoon or back up goalies.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.