Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Leafs acquire Matt Murray [25% retained]

Started by Joe, July 11, 2022, 11:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bender

Quote from: lamajama on July 11, 2022, 07:02:19 PM
I didn't see this particular thread but I'll repost what I said....

I've disagreed with the Leaf's moves over the years but NEVER felt that they were screwing up THIS bad.

I keep thinking this is an elaborate prank.

Like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
This literally all stems from the Tavares acquisition. I don't think the team is a train wreck but their asset management and drafting since Matthews was drafted has been awful.

Also, why are you repeating what you already said in another thread?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

bustaheims

I'll reserve judgment until the details of the trade are out, but I question the urgency to get this done (while granting that the structure of the trade could help provide some answe).
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan


Deebo


CarltonTheBear

Well as someone who was somewhat optimistic about the trade, 25% retention and a meh sweetener is disappointing. Still think he can be a decent goalie but the Leafs should have gotten more in both those areas.

Nik

Yeah. A 3rd from Ottawa and a 7th basically works out to more or less what it cost the Leafs to get rid of Mrazek.

Kind of feels like two separate moves that gained the Leafs very little, at best.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

bustaheims

More retention would have made this deal much more palatable. It's...not great. Hopefully, it works out better for him here.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Rob

Are there pictures of Murray as a kid sleeping in Leafs PJ's?

Peter D.

I hope the lustre of Boy Wonder's shine has finally worn off and we stop hearing how amazing he is.

What a brutal trade.

Zee

Quote from: Peter D. on July 11, 2022, 08:09:04 PM
I hope the lustre of Boy Wonder's shine has finally worn off and we stop hearing how amazing he is.

What a brutal trade.
Future considerations might turn out to win the Hart.


Deebo

Quote from: Nik on July 11, 2022, 08:05:22 PM
Yeah. A 3rd from Ottawa and a 7th basically works out to more or less what it cost the Leafs to get rid of Mrazek.

Kind of feels like two separate moves that gained the Leafs very little, at best.

I don't think it gained them anything, less cap space and just as big a question mark in goal.

L K

#42
I think this trade is absolutely awful.   4.7 million cap hit for the next two years.  Dubas has completely lost me with this one

Dubas needs to get over his Soo fetish.  This is honestly the first move where I absolutely do not see the value in it.  The only other deal I haven't liked from Dubas was the Foligno trade but I at least get that one.   But hey, we can trade our first round pick trade back into the second round while getting rid of Murray next year when this doesn't pan out

louisstamos

If the report that Ottawa was willing to trade down from 7th to 13th to get rid of Murray with 25% retention is true, then I think that value is equivalent to at least a 2nd.  Not getting that hurts.

lamajama

Quote from: Bender on July 11, 2022, 07:12:07 PM
Quote from: lamajama on July 11, 2022, 07:02:19 PM
I didn't see this particular thread but I'll repost what I said....

I've disagreed with the Leaf's moves over the years but NEVER felt that they were screwing up THIS bad.

I keep thinking this is an elaborate prank.

Like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
This literally all stems from the Tavares acquisition. I don't think the team is a train wreck but their asset management and drafting since Matthews was drafted has been awful.

Also, why are you repeating what you already said in another thread?

Because that was not a specific Murray thread....
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.