Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2022-2023 NHL trades and signings

Started by herman, July 07, 2022, 11:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cw

Quote from: Bender on October 12, 2022, 01:10:12 PM
Quote from: cw on October 12, 2022, 10:51:39 AMhttps://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/1580187794068373504

If I recall accurately, it is for $1 mil

What's he like at this point in his career? 6D or is he better? I've always been a bit sore at letting him go.

PTO signed yesterday for $1 mil tells us good teams were not falling over to sign him.
6-7th dman on a good team ? I doubt he'd beat out any of our top 7 dmen now. Benn might be better - not sure of that.

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

bustaheims

Quote from: cw on October 12, 2022, 01:56:57 PMPTO signed yesterday for $1 mil tells us good teams were not falling over to sign him.
6-7th dman on a good team ? I doubt he'd beat out any of our top 7 dmen now. Benn might be better - not sure of that.

I'd probably take Stralman over Benn - one is still a reasonable bottom pairing NHL defenceman, the other is a borderline NHLer - but, he'd definitely be 8th on the depth charts.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cw

Quote from: bustaheims on October 12, 2022, 02:33:15 PM
Quote from: cw on October 12, 2022, 01:56:57 PMPTO signed yesterday for $1 mil tells us good teams were not falling over to sign him.

I'd probably take Stralman over Benn - one is still a reasonable bottom pairing NHL defenceman, the other is a borderline NHLer - but, he'd definitely be 8th on the depth charts.

I haven't seen Stralman for some time or much of him.
He was sixth dman two years ago in Florida. Cleared waivers (with a big contract). Last year on Az, it's hard to tell what he really was - was #2 in ice time.
He's a righty and we only have 3 of those in the top 7 (including Brodie who plays the right side). And he would be likely to bring more offence than Benn.
So upon further review, I'm inclined to generally agree with your preference.

I haven't seen much of Benn this year as he got hurt in preseason. What I saw was ok. Prior to this year, I do not recall paying too much attention to him since his Habs days and even then, very limited attention. He was a #7 on an average D in Minnesota last year.

I do like Benn's cap hit better, less wear and tear better and that he plays both sides.
I do have a suspicion Benn might not clear waivers. That is more based on media/net chatter though - not reliable. Time will or may tell depending on injuries.

They're both #8s on this club.

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

Quote from: herman on September 02, 2022, 06:34:59 PMhttps://twitter.com/canucks/status/1565826928925622273
I am so confused by this graphic lol

8x7 for a 30-yr old points guy

Kadri got 7x7 for 31-yr old Cup winning centre
Huberdeau got 10.5x8 for 30-yr old playmaker
Gaudreau got 9.75x7 for 28-yr old playmaker

I don't know why Vancouver thought this was the way to go. The other teams have won conditions or already have a substantial prospect pool.

Vancouver has... a slightly used Demko, Q. Hughes, and Pettersson (and a lot of money in Mikheyev).

well this is aging very gracefully
#BeBlessed #scumbag