Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

SCF: Colorado Avalanche (C1) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (A3)

Started by CarltonTheBear, June 13, 2022, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.


OldTimeHockey

Am I the only one hoping to see a 3-peat? I get the desire to see someone else win, but I long for the days of my youth where teams found different ways to win championships. The core of Tampa has remained the same, but they've brought in excellent support players on a carousel that just seem to fit. They've been an excellent managed/coached team that is fun to watch.

(Not taking away from Colorado. They are also a pretty ok watch too)

RedLeaf

Quote from: OldTimeHockey on June 14, 2022, 06:50:07 AM
Am I the only one hoping to see a 3-peat? I get the desire to see someone else win, but I long for the days of my youth where teams found different ways to win championships. The core of Tampa has remained the same, but they've brought in excellent support players on a carousel that just seem to fit. They've been an excellent managed/coached team that is fun to watch.

(Not taking away from Colorado. They are also a pretty ok watch too)

I've got different reasons for wanting them to three-peat. Namely to see how the Leafs ultimately compare to all of Tampa's opponents.

So far I like what I see... The Leafs have beat Tampa more times in these playoffs then both Florida and New York...combined.

I'd wager the Leafs have been the Lightnings toughest opponent in all the 11 straight series they've won to date.
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

bustaheims

I think Tampa wins in 6. Both teams have deadly offences and excellent defence, but Colorado isn't quite as strong in goal - especially if Kuemper isn't 100%.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

louisstamos

Quote from: bustaheims on June 14, 2022, 02:54:11 PM
I think Tampa wins in 6. Both teams have deadly offences and excellent defence, but Colorado isn't quite as strong in goal - especially if Kuemper isn't 100%.

Exactly my reasoning as well.  The X-Factor is the extent of Hedman's injury from Game 6, but stacking the teams against each other, with both (partially healthy) Point and Kadri in their respective lineups, the teams are even everywhere except for in goal.  So, that will likely be the difference.

RedLeaf

Quote from: bustaheims on June 14, 2022, 02:54:11 PM
I think Tampa wins in 6. Both teams have deadly offences and excellent defence, but Colorado isn't quite as strong in goal - especially if Kuemper isn't 100%.

I'd be happy with that result. That would put my little score sheet of Wins against Tampa in these playoffs at...

Toronto - 3
Florida, New York, Colorado - 4
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

L K

Quote from: bustaheims on June 14, 2022, 02:54:11 PM
I think Tampa wins in 6. Both teams have deadly offences and excellent defence, but Colorado isn't quite as strong in goal - especially if Kuemper isn't 100%.

I think Tampa has the ability to clog up one of the big advantages of Colorado's offense which is their speed.   Tampa is basically a trap team in the neutral zone (not by playing trap defense but their ability to intercept pucks is just unreal).  They completely kill the speed game when they are on their game.

Arn

I'm gonna go Tampa in 5.

And I'd like to see a 3-peat also. I appreciate dominant dynasties and it will be even more satisfying to break through and end their playoff dominance with a series win next season ;D
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Frank E

War of attrition.

I'll play contrarian and say Colorado in 6...Landeskog will be the series' best player. 

Zee

If Tampa wins in fewer than 7 games can we lay claim to Leafs as the 2nd best team in the league?


Asking for a friend.

Bender

Quote from: Zee on June 15, 2022, 06:18:17 PM
If Tampa wins in fewer than 7 games can we lay claim to Leafs as the 2nd best team in the league?


Asking for a friend.
Yes. Yes we can.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

CarltonTheBear

Heck of a game last night. Feels like it's been awhile since we've seen two truly elite teams going at it in the finals.

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag


herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag