Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

R1, G7: Lightning @ Leafs - May 14th, 7:00pm - CBC, TSN 1050

Started by CarltonTheBear, May 13, 2022, 11:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill0199

Knee jerk maybe. But this is a very good team that, this year anyway, had to play the champs in round one. I don't think Campbell is the guy to get them through though. I still always feel he's the little engine that could... until he couldn't. He kept us in some games but did steal any. Not hating on him though. This team, with elite goaltending, would be unstoppable. But you don't just go find an elite goaltender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bustaheims

Quote from: 4EVRLEAFAN on May 14, 2022, 08:57:14 PM

I'm not being a goof, I sick of it, I'm 62 years  old and I'm sick of this, we were the better team again, it should not have gone to game 7 again, up 3-1 last year and 3-2 this year and here we are again. Heads need to roll, period.

They got beat by a good team and gave 100%. This was not the type of performance heads roll for. There will be changes, but I doubt they'll be dramatic.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

L K

I'm just gutted right now.  The Leafs put it all on the line there.  Can't hold it against them. 

One team got a goal called back.  The other team got gifted a 5 on 3 when trailing.  Officiating was shit in this game.  The amount of holding Tampa got away with behind the play was absurd.

herman

Disappointing result, but I feel fine. Not like the last two seasons'. There's a lot going on in the real world and while it would've been nice to have this continue as a distraction, it just isn't that big a deal.

Tinkering season again.
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

lamajama

I'm terribly disappointed for me, for Leaf Nation and for the team. This was a great regular season and our reward was TB. Outside of a few glitchy games and starts this series I'm damn proud of this team and happy at the entertainment they provided. Sometimes you just lose to a great team too. The difference was this year they didn't fold despite ultimately losing. Dubas and Shanny should stay and try to keep adjusting the team.  For the trolls who "suddenly " post.....f**k you.
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: azzurri63 on May 14, 2022, 08:55:46 PM
Same old same old. Almost like we expect it. Refs fukd us in this series but I'm lost for words as far as what this team needs to do as far as getting over the hump. Probably expect no changes as I'm sure the brass will say how we competed right to the end against the defending champions. My opinion something does because being close isn't good enough.

I agree.  But other than cutting Tavares' salary in half so we can get a better bottom 6 (Mikheyev didn't do much this series IMO) I don't have any great suggestions.

Quote from: herman on May 14, 2022, 09:00:01 PM
Disappointing result, but I feel fine. Not like the last two seasons'. There's a lot going on in the real world and while it would've been nice to have this continue as a distraction, it just isn't that big a deal.

Tinkering season again.

Move Tavares to wing.

TheMightyOdin

I was in my 20's when we last won a playoff series... I'll be 50 next year.
The Catalyst?

BermudaBudsFan

It was certainly better than Columbus or Montreal, but this is a winning business.  Ultimately you need to win.  They didn't get it done.  Again.

L K

Quote from: herman on May 14, 2022, 09:00:01 PM
Disappointing result, but I feel fine. Not like the last two seasons'.

Tinkering season again.

Going to be a really tough off-season for Dubas.  A pair of Kerfoot/Engvall/Mikheyev are likely gone.   What he does with the goaltending.  What he does with the blue line (Liljegren and Sandin should be everyday guys next year but that's a lack of clearing the crease assuming Rielly/Brodie/Muzzin are your other core three.)

Not going to be easy to come back with as good a roster as this one.

I don't feel let down but this was the first time I felt like we deserved to win the series after the final buzzer

bustaheims

This team didn't fold at any point. That's not something that could be said in previous years. There was no quit. A bounce or a call goes their way, and they move on - even with the awful officiating the NHL put out there every night now. It was that tight.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Quote from: L K on May 14, 2022, 08:59:35 PM
I'm just gutted right now.  The Leafs put it all on the line there.  Can't hold it against them. 

One team got a goal called back.  The other team got gifted a 5 on 3 when trailing.  Officiating was shit in this game.  The amount of holding Tampa got away with behind the play was absurd.

The sad part for me is that I wasn't that excited for this game.  G1, I was jacked.  And then it drains out of me as we lumber on to the same old result.

bustaheims

Not that Campbell was bad, but an upgrade in net is at the top of my list for this off-season. Outside of that, some changes around the edges of the roster are probably all that's really needed.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: bill0199 on May 14, 2022, 08:59:08 PM
Knee jerk maybe. But this is a very good team that, this year anyway, had to play the champs in round one. I don't think Campbell is the guy to get them through though. I still always feel he's the little engine that could... until he couldn't. He kept us in some games but did steal any. Not hating on him though. This team, with elite goaltending, would be unstoppable. But you don't just go find an elite goaltender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Campbell crapped the bed more in game 4. Hrudey talks about the Leafs blowing their chance in game 4 but it's hard to start on time when your goalie let's in the first shot. Then he adds to the 2nd goal against. He did it again in game 5 with a crappy goal but made up for it after that. I have no issue overall with Jack in the series but agree they need an upgrade. You can't average 3 goals a game against Vasy and lose the series.

Deebo

Quote from: L K on May 14, 2022, 08:59:35 PM
One team got a goal called back.  The other team got gifted a 5 on 3 when trailing. 

These two right here, changed the series.