Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Leafs @ Bruins - Mar. 29th, 7:00pm - SNO, Fan 590

Started by CarltonTheBear, March 29, 2022, 07:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrownRolo

I just watched the game. In what world does a Bruins fan have a leg to stand on in saying that the refs were biased towards the Leafs? If that is them not getting calls what does it look like when they are getting calls?

Also I love Tavares but he needs to show some passion. I hate how Marchand crosschecks him and he just skates away. He needs to get pissed off and hit back. I'm sick of watching him take his lumps wit no reaction.

OldTimeHockey

Quote from: BrownRolo on March 30, 2022, 05:33:40 AM
Also I love Tavares but he needs to show some passion. I hate how Marchand crosschecks him and he just skates away. He needs to get pissed off and hit back. I'm sick of watching him take his lumps wit no reaction.

Marchand is a pest that was trying to turn the flow of the game in Boston's favour. Tavares' move to skate away was the right one.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: OldTimeHockey on March 30, 2022, 05:43:12 AM

Marchand is a pest that was trying to turn the flow of the game in Boston's favour. Tavares' move to skate away was the right one.

100%

The way Tavares handled that contributed to Marchand sitting in the box for half the 3rd period.

bustaheims

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 30, 2022, 07:11:33 AM

100%

The way Tavares handled that contributed to Marchand sitting in the box for half the 3rd period.

Yup. Marchand wants the reaction from Tavares. That's what he's looking for. Either Tavares takes a penalty or is thrown off his game or whatever, and it gives the Bruins an opening. You can't let guys like that take you off mission. Ignoring Marchand when he's in full pest mode also drives him nuts. He ends up taking penalties and making stupid plays. Best thing to do is pretend he doesn't exist after the whistle blows.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Zee

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on March 30, 2022, 07:11:33 AM

100%

As much as I hate Marchand, he's a huge catalyst for that team, so him sitting out 10min of the 3rd went a long way into keeping the came calm in the 3rd.  It's no surprise they had more life after he was allowed to play again.

herman

Bender

Quote from: herman on March 30, 2022, 08:18:27 AM
Crickets from DoPS
It's been a while since the Bertuzzi incident so I guess Sucker Punching is OK again.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

CarltonTheBear

herman

You'd think a retaliatory act of violence targeting the head from a first overall pick playing for an Original Six team would bring such negative attention to the NHL that they'd expedite the hearing announcement and set a safety precedent to ensure players can simply play their game.

RedLeaf

So basically less than a team dinner. Man oh man.
"The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.." --Isaac Asimov.

Frank E

Frank E

Was it a groin thing previously this year with Mrazek?

Zee

Quote from: Frank E on March 30, 2022, 09:50:05 AM
Was it a groin thing previously this year with Mrazek?

Ya, they showed him injure his groin early in the season on a save.