Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2022 Blue Jays

Started by Deebo, November 16, 2021, 09:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

This has been a boring as hell game.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Arn

It was dreadful. Jays were very flat I felt. Never really looked like getting anything done.
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Frank E

Quote from: Arn on October 08, 2022, 01:40:12 AMIt was dreadful. Jays were very flat I felt. Never really looked like getting anything done.

The frustration I felt reminded me of another Toronto team that I follow.

Arn

Quote from: Frank E on October 08, 2022, 08:48:44 AM
Quote from: Arn on October 08, 2022, 01:40:12 AMIt was dreadful. Jays were very flat I felt. Never really looked like getting anything done.

The frustration I felt reminded me of another Toronto team that I follow.

I actually switched it off around the 7th innings. It was just that obvious they weren't getting anything done.

Rogers centre can be amazing when it gets rowdy, but Seattle killed that immediately then the Jays never really did anything to get them going again.

Arn

Mariners getting dirty tonight

Arn

Nik

Sports. What are you gonna do?
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Arn

Ditch Toronto for some other city for my trans athlantic support and inexplicable emotional investment/distress?

Nik

Quote from: Arn on October 08, 2022, 07:48:13 PMDitch Toronto for some other city for my trans athlantic support and inexplicable emotional investment/distress?

Oh. Yeah, that could work.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Bender

Brutal. And I bought tickets for tomorrow when the game was 8-1 as well. Ugh.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

LittleHockeyFan

this game, and their season, ended with the Bichette/Springer collision. It was like the wind let out of their sails at that moment.

Bender

Quote from: LittleHockeyFan on October 08, 2022, 08:14:34 PMthis game, and their season, ended with the Bichette/Springer collision. It was like the wind let out of their sails at that moment.

It was done when they took Gausman out.

cw

I turned it off at 8-1 figuring I'd get some other things done and watch the rubber match ...

Arn

Quote from: Nik on October 08, 2022, 07:50:16 PM
Quote from: Arn on October 08, 2022, 07:48:13 PMDitch Toronto for some other city for my trans athlantic support and inexplicable emotional investment/distress?

Oh. Yeah, that could work.

...... I can't do it 😢😂

Highlander

Quote from: Bender on October 08, 2022, 08:16:43 PM
Quote from: LittleHockeyFan on October 08, 2022, 08:14:34 PMthis game, and their season, ended with the Bichette/Springer collision. It was like the wind let out of their sails at that moment.

It was done when they took Gausman out.
Your right, Schneider made a huge gaffe not letting Gausman finish that inning, the last couple of batters he faced he was still pitching well. I blame him for this massive loss.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki