Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2021-2022 Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Started by Nik, October 20, 2021, 09:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

L K

Garden with 5 fouls and you settle for jumpers and step back threes down the stretch.  FVV and Siakam let the team down

TimKerr

Quote from: L K on April 21, 2022, 08:12:25 AM
Garden with 5 fouls and you settle for jumpers and step back threes down the stretch.  FVV and Siakam let the team down
Yeah I totally agree. Siakam I am not surprised by. He hasn't been good in the playoffs since the Championship run. But Fred? He's pulling up with 18 seconds on the shot clock. His very much felt like the old DeRozan/Lowry playoff combo.


Nik


This was too good a team to go out in 4 or 5 but man, it hurts thinking about how close they came to being up 3-2 right now.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

L K

Quote from: Nik on April 25, 2022, 10:27:46 PM

This was too good a team to go out in 4 or 5 but man, it hurts thinking about how close they came to being up 3-2 right now.

The Raptors could just as easily get blown out tomorrow but that Embiid thumb injury has changed the dynamics of this series.

Barnes has been fantastic in the glue guy role in his 2.5 games so far in the series.

L K

#50
And that Game 3 comes back to haunt them.  Absolutely blown out in the 3rd quarter.  Not using Flynn to try and get some PnR going was a mistake.   Not calling a timeout in the middle of a 30-9 run was a mistake.   Overplaying Siakam to the point that he can't generate lift was a mistake.    Shooting constant threes and not hitting any was a mistake

What an awful collapse in the second half

Bender

Quote from: L K on April 28, 2022, 09:15:02 PM
And that Game 3 comes back to haunt them.  Absolutely blown out in the 3rd quarter.  Not using Flynn to try and get some PnR going was a mistake.   Not calling a timeout in the middle of a 30-9 run was a mistake.   Overplaying Siakam to the point that he can't generate lift was a mistake.    Shooting constant threes and not hitting any was a mistake

What an awful collapse in the second half
I don't watch much basketball but even I could tell you the raps are not three point shooters before this game. Ick.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender


Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Heroic Shrimp

Supersize my Freedom Fries

Peter D.

I legit thought they were going to come back and win the series.  Sigh.

Bender

Report: Embiid out indefinitely with orbital fracture, mild concussion
https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2349149

Schadenfreude
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Nik


I mean, shoutout to the Suns for showing us it could be worse.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

L K

I'm torn because Patrick Beverley is a dirty SOB on the court but his hate train on Chris Paul was pretty amusing over the last 48 hours.

Nik

I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi