Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2021-2022 NHL Thread

Started by Nik, August 13, 2021, 08:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullfrog

Significantly Insignificant

Was there a rhyme or a reason to the games that the NHL chose to postpone?
"We can't change what's done, we can only move on." - Arthur Morgan

Heroic Shrimp

Supersize my Freedom Fries

Bender

"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

WhatIfGodWasALeaf

Didn't know where to put this.

https://twitter.com/JhanHky/status/1476749878738964499?t=3nxF0-IfakIhZNVZIqCtGg&s=19

Much harder to do on the smaller rink, but watching the evolution of total football in hockey is interesting.

In about 20 years you're going to lose your mind when the goalie is routinely starting the play/breakout from between the face off circles.

Heroic Shrimp

Lol, Victor Hedman was a -6 in a 9-3 loss to Florida.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

Peter D.

Quote from: WhatIfGodWasALeaf on December 30, 2021, 11:50:43 PM
Didn't know where to put this.

https://twitter.com/JhanHky/status/1476749878738964499?t=3nxF0-IfakIhZNVZIqCtGg&s=19

Much harder to do on the smaller rink, but watching the evolution of total football in hockey is interesting.

In about 20 years you're going to lose your mind when the goalie is routinely starting the play/breakout from between the face off circles.

I've watched this 10 times and I still have no clue what's so special about what I just saw.  :-\

Bender

I don't either... Is it because he back tracks and pulls the Travis Dermott spin-o-rama that actually works?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Zee

Quote from: Bender on December 31, 2021, 09:03:22 AM
I don't either... Is it because he back tracks and pulls the Travis Dermott spin-o-rama that actually works?

Jack Han was probably drinking heavily and thought he saw something innovative there.

WhatIfGodWasALeaf

It's the "total football" approach from soccer in hockey, stretching the ice horizontally and vertically, no player plays a set position, playing into space.

It's becoming more and more common at the tip of the spear on larger ice surfaces.

Nik

I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Nik

This isn't maybe a real scientific thing here but does anyone else sort of feel like we're in a bit of a low point in terms of talent coming into the league? Like, obviously there haven't been any McDavid types in the last five years but beyond that it feels like we've gotten more busts/disappointments towards the top of the draft than we usually do? Obviously anyone drafted in the last 5 years is young and still has time for their career to take off but it just feels like there's not a ton of young players to be really excited about right now.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi