Previous topic - Next topic

CarltonTheBear

herman

"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: herman on June 29, 2021, 09:36:56 AM
HAHAHA why

A part of me wonders this from both points of view. I really thought it'd make sense for them to just part ways here.

L K

I mean 5.125M/year isn't bad for RNH.  They save a small amount of cap space on him but.....

bustaheims

Good value on the deal, but doesn't really do much to help Edmonton add depth.

8 years is a little much for RNH, though. He's not a key piece.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Peter D.

That cap hit is excellent all things considered, although 8 years seems excessive.  But it seems like it was mutual that both parties wanted to keep the arrangement going long-term.

Too bad he has never fully lived up to his potential.

Deebo

Bender

Quote from: bustaheims on June 29, 2021, 10:50:40 AM
Good value on the deal, but doesn't really do much to help Edmonton add depth.

8 years is a little much for RNH, though. He's not a key piece.
Keep the cap hit down. 8 seems like a lot. Wonder if he's untradable after year 4.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Nik

I dont think it's a bad deal or anything but hes at roughly 60 points per 82 games for his career, signing a deal that will almost certainly take him into the decline phase of his career.

I guess its "good value" but if he was at 7 per or even 6 I think hed be a pretty hard sell. The difference in his objective "value" vs what he signed for is more like a few hundred thousand than it is a million+.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi