Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

David Savard traded to Tampa

Started by Deebo, April 10, 2021, 03:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: L K on April 10, 2021, 06:14:47 PM
Teams really seem to like doing favours for Tampa

I mean having the Yzerman connection doesn't hurt. I'm sure he'll gladly take a 4th round pick to see the team he mostly built win another Cup while he's still rebuilding Detroit.

And Columbus getting a 1st and a 3rd is pretty good for Savard. I really like him but that's only a little bit off what the Leafs paid to get Muzzin and he had another year left on his deal and I think Muzzin is better. Much like the Coleman and Goodrow trades last year I'd say Tampa might have paid a bit much for my liking but they obviously didn't mind after how last year finished and that might end up being the case again here.

Heroic Shrimp

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 10, 2021, 06:21:44 PM
Hedman-Savard
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Ruuta/Foote

Compared to last years Cup winning team Tampa has upgraded their defence with Savard replacing Shattenkirk and didn't lose a single forward from that group but will now add a healthy Stamkos (and a rusty Kucherov though). Also Vasilevskiy looks like he has the Vezina locked up at this point so he's playing better than he was last year.

I still see the Leafs as contenders and all, but man Tampa's roster just dwarfs every other team.
Columbus will take them down from the inside this time.
Supersize my Freedom Fries