Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

David Savard traded to Tampa

Started by Deebo, April 10, 2021, 03:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarltonTheBear

Savard was the one guy I was really hoping Tampa wouldn't get. Damn.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 10, 2021, 03:37:29 PM
Well if all goes well, the Leafs may not have to face T Bay in the conference finals.

L K

They have to lose someone off their current roster at least?  They have zero cap room and this is already with Kucherov "injured" until Game 1 of the playoffs

Guilt Trip

Quote from: L K on April 10, 2021, 04:20:29 PM

They have to lose someone off their current roster at least?  They have zero cap room and this is already with Kucherov "injured" until Game 1 of the playoffs
Unless CBJ eats salary. T Bay will be over by 1.7Mill give or take and that's with Jan Rutta going on LTIR. He's currently on IR.

bustaheims

Quote from: Guilt Trip on April 10, 2021, 04:27:12 PM
Quote from: L K on April 10, 2021, 04:20:29 PM

Unless CBJ eats salary. T Bay will be over by 1.7Mill give or take and that's with Jan Rutta going on LTIR. He's currently on IR.

I suspect figuring out the cap issues is part of why the trade has not been officially announced yet. Someone hasn't been informed they're part of the trade, or another move needs to be finalized first.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Nik

I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

bustaheims

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Guilt Trip

That's quite the trade.

CarltonTheBear

Heroic Shrimp

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 10, 2021, 05:30:18 PM
Well this guy couldn't have been more wrong:

https://twitter.com/brianlawton9/status/1380969025409331200
He nailed that as well as he nailed an NHL career as a first overall draft pick.
Supersize my Freedom Fries

bustaheims

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on April 10, 2021, 05:30:18 PM
Well this guy couldn't have been more wrong:

https://twitter.com/brianlawton9/status/1380969025409331200

I mean, he was right that there was more to it than Savard for a 1st. He was just incredibly wrong about how much more and where that more was coming from.

Zee

L K

Teams really seem to like doing favours for Tampa

CarltonTheBear

Hedman-Savard
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Ruuta/Foote

Compared to last years Cup winning team Tampa has upgraded their defence with Savard replacing Shattenkirk and didn't lose a single forward from that group but will now add a healthy Stamkos (and a rusty Kucherov though). Also Vasilevskiy looks like he has the Vezina locked up at this point so he's playing better than he was last year.

I still see the Leafs as contenders and all, but man Tampa's roster just dwarfs every other team.