Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2021 Trades

Started by herman, February 13, 2021, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nik

Quote from: Guilt Trip on April 12, 2021, 03:32:25 PMBenn won't effect the Leafs. He doesn't move the needle enough. If this is all Winnipeg has done, this is a big fail for them.

I don't think he'll be a difference maker but he very well could be someone they play in the playoffs.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Nik on April 12, 2021, 03:34:01 PM
Quote from: Guilt Trip on April 12, 2021, 03:32:25 PMBenn won't effect the Leafs. He doesn't move the needle enough. If this is all Winnipeg has done, this is a big fail for them.

I don't think he'll be a difference maker but he very well could be someone they play in the playoffs.
True enough but he's a 7th, 8th guy on our team. I'm surprised Win didn't do more...maybe something hasn't been reported yet.

bustaheims

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CarltonTheBear

Pretty cheap price. I think a down year or two which could possibly be connected to a knee injury would give me some hesitation to bring him in, especially since we might only have room for 1 more forward at his cap hit. But for a team like the Kings with loads of cap space and draft picks it's a great move. Maybe it'll set the price for a guy like Garland a little lower.

Bender

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 01, 2021, 12:11:13 PM
Pretty cheap price. I think a down year or two which could possibly be connected to a knee injury would give me some hesitation to bring him in, especially since we might only have room for 1 more forward at his cap hit. But for a team like the Kings with loads of cap space and draft picks it's a great move. Maybe it'll set the price for a guy like Garland a little lower.
Not bad but he hasn't been great exactly. He's a 40pt player. Is he really much different from a guy like Kerfoot?
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: Bender on July 01, 2021, 12:51:27 PM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 01, 2021, 12:11:13 PM
Not bad but he hasn't been great exactly. He's a 40pt player. Is he really much different from a guy like Kerfoot?

Well that's the thing is he the 40-point player we saw in 19/20 and 20/21 or the consistent 30-goal/60-point player from the 3 seasons prior to that? Any team acquiring him is banking on a return to form.

bustaheims

Definitely a worthwhile gamble for LA. Because they've built up their farm system, acquired a bunch of picks, and have a good amount of cap space available, they're in a good position to make this kind of move. Lower risk, potentially high reward.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan