Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

2020-21 Tampa Bay Raptors Thread

Started by Deebo, November 21, 2020, 01:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

princedpw

Quote from: L K on January 13, 2021, 06:42:56 PM
Pretty massive set domino trade went down today:

Houston traded James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets with secondary trades through Cleveland and Indiana.

Houston Receives:
- Victor Oladipo (Indiana), Dante Exum (Brooklyn), Rodions Kurucs (Brooklyn)
- Brooklyn unprotected 1st round picks in 2022, 2024, 2026
- Pick swaps with Brooklyn in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027
- Cleveland's first round pick (through Milwaukee) in 2022

Brooklyn receives:
- James Harden (Houston)

Cleveland receives:
- Jarret Allen (Brooklyn), Taurean Prince (Brooklyn)

Indiana receives:
- Caris LeVert (Brooklyn)
- 2nd round pick

That is one hell of a complicated trade.

I was hoping the raptors might be in on harden. It seemed the only route back to contender status I knew of aside from Kawhi next year (which seems even less likely).

OldTimeHockey

Quote from: princedpw on January 13, 2021, 07:33:18 PM
Quote from: L K on January 13, 2021, 06:42:56 PM
Pretty massive set domino trade went down today:

Houston traded James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets with secondary trades through Cleveland and Indiana.

Houston Receives:
- Victor Oladipo (Indiana), Dante Exum (Brooklyn), Rodions Kurucs (Brooklyn)
- Brooklyn unprotected 1st round picks in 2022, 2024, 2026
- Pick swaps with Brooklyn in 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027
- Cleveland's first round pick (through Milwaukee) in 2022

Brooklyn receives:
- James Harden (Houston)

Cleveland receives:
- Jarret Allen (Brooklyn), Taurean Prince (Brooklyn)

Indiana receives:
- Caris LeVert (Brooklyn)
- 2nd round pick

That is one hell of a complicated trade.

I was hoping the raptors might be in on harden. It seemed the only route back to contender status I knew of aside from Kawhi next year (which seems even less likely).

I'm kind of hoping that it blows up in the Nets face with Irving, Durant and Harden on the same team. I'm cheering for Nash, but I'm not sure how it works with those egos on the floor together.

On the Kawhi front, I'm not sure why the Raptors would do that unless the Nets experiment blows up. The Raptors certainly appear to be more than a Leonard away from competing with the Nets.

seahawk

Raptors did not need Harden. Personally don't think he would be a good fit. The spot that they need help is in the post. Baynes is starting to find his groove, but they still need another option.

Nik

The Raps have traded Norm Powell to Portland for Gary Trent Jr. and Rodney Hood.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

L K

#19
Quote from: Nik on March 25, 2021, 01:02:45 PM
The Raps have traded Norm Powell to Portland for Gary Trent Jr. and Rodney Hood.

Interestingly the Raptors also acquired Gary Trent Sr from Portland in 97-98.  Not a bad acquisition.  Putting up 15 PPG as a 22 year old.  Norm is the better player though.

I'm sure its all posturing but not a lot of positive rumbling about a Lowry trade.

Nik

Quote from: L K on March 25, 2021, 01:51:21 PM
Quote from: Nik on March 25, 2021, 01:02:45 PM
The Raps have traded Norm Powell to Portland for Gary Trent Jr. and Rodney Hood.

Interestingly the Raptors also acquired Gary Trent Sr from Portland in 97-98.  Not a bad acquisition.  Putting up 15 PPG as a 22 year old.  Norm is the better player though.

Yeah, Norm's the better defender but if they weren't willing to pay him this summer it's fun to get a young scorer in return.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

Deebo


Nik

Quote from: L K on March 25, 2021, 01:51:21 PM
I'm sure its all posturing but not a lot of positive rumbling about a Lowry trade.

I kind of don't think it happens now. Philly always made the most sense to me. If Miami only wants to give someone like Robinson, who the Raps aren't likely to re-sign, it's almost like what's the point?
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

L K

Quote from: Deebo on March 25, 2021, 02:11:51 PM
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1375147272053358594

I don't remember this guy, but he was traded to Utah.

Mr 99%

He's a great 3 point shooter who can't do anything else on the court. 

L K

Quote from: Nik on March 25, 2021, 02:13:37 PM
Quote from: L K on March 25, 2021, 01:51:21 PM
I'm sure its all posturing but not a lot of positive rumbling about a Lowry trade.

I kind of don't think it happens now. Philly always made the most sense to me. If Miami only wants to give someone like Robinson, who the Raps aren't likely to re-sign, it's almost like what's the point?

Yeah sounds like Philly pulled out, Miami isn't offering Herro and supposedly the Lakers aren't even offering THT which means they are offering absolutely nothing but salary dump. 


L K

Terrence Davis traded to Sacramento for a 2nd round pick

L K

Lowry stays.

I don't think the Raptors made themselves all that much worse.  They honestly might still go on a run with this roster outside of the fact that they barely have half a center.

Nik

Quote from: L K on March 25, 2021, 03:18:17 PM
Lowry stays.

I don't think the Raptors made themselves all that much worse.  They honestly might still go on a run with this roster outside of the fact that they barely have half a center.

Yeah it's sort of cuts both ways. On the one hand I'm happy with the Powell/Trent swap but on the other if this is a lost season, it's frustrating to not be able to add another 1st at least.

Ah well. I have faith in Masai/Bobby.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

seahawk

If they view Trent Jr as a younger version of Powell, then this is a good move from a salary cap perspective. Norm would be UFA at the end of the season and in line for a bigger payday than what the Raptors could work with. They are about 5 mil away from paying the luxury tax and have not typically been a team to spend over the tax line.