Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Coronavirus

Started by Highlander, March 03, 2020, 01:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louisstamos

I got my 4th shot yesterday - all 4 Pfizer.  I actually feel pretty good (I had some pretty bad fatigue after number 2, but other than that, they all went smoothly), but my arm hurts more with this one than any of the first 3.  I can barely lift it.  My understanding thought is that might have to do more with either the nurse or a dull needle than the vaccine itself.

herman

Quote from: herman on July 19, 2022, 10:47:49 AM
Scheduled my 2nd booster (dose 4) for Friday afternoon.
3x Pfizer, looking to mix in a Moderna

1st two doses had a good headache and a day of fatigue. Booster dose was relatively easier, but still a little fatigue. I'm expecting the first Moderna to kick my butt.

Moderna booster is in and has been for a couple of weeks.

It burned a bit going in (maybe the cryo temp?) and my arm was very tight and sore for about 2 days starting about 5 hrs after injection with some tingling in the fingers towards the end of the second day. Some mild fatigue day 1, but not nearly as much as I expected. No other ill-effects.

I received the dose at a local pharmacy (literally downstairs in my building) vs the long line-up pop ups I waited in for the first 3, so that was a pleasant bonus.

princedpw

Are these boosters the same vaccine as the original formulation?  I'm kinda waiting for a reformulation that is part original/part omicron for my fourth. (I'm also in the US where I believe only those > 50 or high risk can get a fourth)

herman

The boosters were the same formulation (an immune system reminder). There have been subsequent bivalent formulations (I got that one too).

https://twitter.com/colindmello/status/1592157629178150914
In the meantime, Ontario continues to be frustratingly late with half-measures. Pediatric icus are beyond maxed out.

Zee

Quote from: louisstamos on July 20, 2022, 08:27:54 AMI got my 4th shot yesterday - all 4 Pfizer.  I actually feel pretty good (I had some pretty bad fatigue after number 2, but other than that, they all went smoothly), but my arm hurts more with this one than any of the first 3.  I can barely lift it.  My understanding thought is that might have to do more with either the nurse or a dull needle than the vaccine itself.

I got all 4 as well, recently got the Pfizer bivalent 2 weeks ago or so.  I didn't have any issues but my kids and wife all had really sore arms.

L K

Your word of the day is dehumanizing.  Wearing a mask is apparently dehumanizing.

I hate this province.

herman

Quote from: L K on November 14, 2022, 10:57:06 AMYour word of the day is dehumanizing.  Wearing a mask is apparently dehumanizing.

I hate this province.

Zero perspective and regard for fellow people.
The government squandered a lot of time and goodwill trying the thread the needle of ignoring the pandemic until it 'goes away'.

China's zero-Covid policies might be the only thing propping up the global supply chain.

Rick Couchman

Quote from: louisstamos on July 20, 2022, 08:27:54 AMI got my 4th shot yesterday - all 4 Pfizer.  I actually feel pretty good (I had some pretty bad fatigue after number 2, but other than that, they all went smoothly), but my arm hurts more with this one than any of the first 3.  I can barely lift it.  My understanding thought is that might have to do more with either the nurse or a dull needle than the vaccine itself.

I've had all four, as well.  I think all Pfizer. The fourth was two weeks ago. I've not had any issues with any of the shots with pain or soreness.

I had a regular flu shot Last Thursday and it burned like hell for 10 minutes and my arm is still sore 4 days later. Go figure!

herman

https://twitter.com/JonathanCOnP/status/1592129390984704002

We've had 2+ years to figure out something for cleaning the air in schools and other buildings. A lot of parents have put in their own time and money and efforts into Corsi-Rosenthal boxes and UV solutions to protect their kids and other families.

The Ontario Government has done far less than nothing in opening all the doors to infection vectors.

Nik

https://twitter.com/ColinDMello/status/1592160316695134208

It's this story over and over and over and over. We know what's going to happen, we see it coming and the Government's response is, and always has been, to yell "Look Out" after the truck already hit us.
I wish to hell I'd never said "Winning isn't everything it's the only thing". What I believe is, if you go out on a football field, or any endeavour in life, and you leave every fibre of what you have on the field, then you've won.
- Vince Lombardi

herman

Quote from: Nik on November 14, 2022, 12:44:28 PMIt's this story over and over and over and over. We know what's going to happen, we see it coming and the Government's response is, and always has been, to yell "Look Out" after the truck already hit us.

And this is the 5th truck.

Highlander

My wife, son and I had the phizer vacinne today in one arm and the flu Vaccine in the other. So far no pain for any of us. Glad to have it done and out of the way with the snow tires done on the same day.
"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few"
                                           Sunryn Suzuki

Bullfrog

I got the Moderna bivalent one and the flu in the same day (last month) and was wrecked for about 18 hours, but then ok.

Peter D.

Quote from: Bullfrog on November 16, 2022, 07:11:41 PMI got the Moderna bivalent one and the flu in the same day (last month) and was wrecked for about 18 hours, but then ok.

Is it because you got both, or because the Moderna bivalent vaccine is considered to provide harsher and longer post-shot reactions?

Bender

Quote from: Peter D. on November 16, 2022, 07:46:17 PM
Quote from: Bullfrog on November 16, 2022, 07:11:41 PMI got the Moderna bivalent one and the flu in the same day (last month) and was wrecked for about 18 hours, but then ok.

Is it because you got both, or because the Moderna bivalent vaccine is considered to provide harsher and longer post-shot reactions?

I've had tough reactions after every shot except the first.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender