Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Leafs acquire Jack Campbell and Kyle Clifford from LA

Started by CarltonTheBear, February 05, 2020, 11:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Campbell's been the soup that eats like a meal his first two outings.  He looks competent, in position, and athletic.  Keeping my fingers crossed that Dubas has solved his b/u problem.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 08, 2020, 09:58:56 PM
Campbell's been the soup that eats like a meal his first two outings.  He looks competent, in position, and athletic.  Keeping my fingers crossed that Dubas has solved his b/u problem.
He's looked better in 2 games then Hutch has all year. Hope it continues.

Bender

Quote from: Guilt Trip on February 08, 2020, 10:06:13 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 08, 2020, 09:58:56 PM
Campbell's been the soup that eats like a meal his first two outings.  He looks competent, in position, and athletic.  Keeping my fingers crossed that Dubas has solved his b/u problem.
He's looked better in 2 games then Hutch has all year. Hope it continues.
Here's a weird stat. His stats this year with LA were 2.85GAA and .900SV. In 2 games with the Leafs he has the exact same stats.
"They say you can judge a man by the company he keeps. So here is the professor's oldest friend, a grotesque, stinking lobster." - Bender

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Bender on February 08, 2020, 10:27:33 PM
Quote from: Guilt Trip on February 08, 2020, 10:06:13 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 08, 2020, 09:58:56 PM
Campbell's been the soup that eats like a meal his first two outings.  He looks competent, in position, and athletic.  Keeping my fingers crossed that Dubas has solved his b/u problem.
He's looked better in 2 games then Hutch has all year. Hope it continues.
Here's a weird stat. His stats this year with LA were 2.85GAA and .900SV. In 2 games with the Leafs he has the exact same stats.
2-0-1 is the only stat I care about, but yeah, weird.

hockeyfan1

Quote from: Guilt Trip on February 08, 2020, 10:06:13 PM
Quote from: Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate on February 08, 2020, 09:58:56 PM
Campbell's been the soup that eats like a meal his first two outings.  He looks competent, in position, and athletic.  Keeping my fingers crossed that Dubas has solved his b/u problem.
He's looked better in 2 games then Hutch has all year. Hope it continues.


So far, so very good.  He may not be the second coming of Freddie Andersen, but at least he's a notch above Hutch.

sickbeast

Campbell stood on his head in the third period last night.  That game could have very easily ended in a loss for the Leafs.  They clearly looked exhausted.

Florida has two games in two nights coming up this week.  I hope the Leafs can win their next few games to get them more firmly into a playoff spot.  It looks like it's going to be a real dogfight this year.  5 teams or so all competing for spots, really tight in the standings.

It's interesting with the whole salary cap situation.  Dubas is in a good position to load up with a superstar or two due to the LTIR injury situation.  I'm kind of intrigued by the possibility of the Leafs going for it this season.

Bullfrog

Quote from: sickbeast on February 09, 2020, 10:56:12 AM
It's interesting with the whole salary cap situation.  Dubas is in a good position to load up with a superstar or two due to the LTIR injury situation.  I'm kind of intrigued by the possibility of the Leafs going for it this season.

I'm not sure if the asset cost would be worth it though. They've already given up two 1st round picks over the last couple of years.

Guilt Trip

Only deal the Leafs make is one with a guy with term and one or two will be leaving the roster. Dubas has said he wants term back in any deal.

Arn

So I haven't really particularly noticed Clifford himself as such. He's probably less physical than I was expecting. The only "thing" I can remember is his fight which did seem to shift momentum. But has he actually brought more than the eye can see. "Intangibles"?

Matthews throwing his behind about on the forecheck. Kapanen turning into the Floyd Mayweather light welterweight champion of the NHL. A general uptick in the physicality shown by the team, moreso on the forecheck
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Guilt Trip

Quote from: Arn on February 28, 2020, 05:19:00 PM
So I haven't really particularly noticed Clifford himself as such. He's probably less physical than I was expecting. The only "thing" I can remember is his fight which did seem to shift momentum. But has he actually brought more than the eye can see. "Intangibles"?

Matthews throwing his behind about on the forecheck. Kapanen turning into the Floyd Mayweather light welterweight champion of the NHL. A general uptick in the physicality shown by the team, moreso on the forecheck
He's still finding his way with a new team and system. I remember Muzz saying he didn't feel comfortable until this year. Takes time and not sure Clifford will be back but I think he's been a big influence on Kappy and it's nice to see.

Arn

https://twitter.com/pr_nhl/status/1379441296172056582

Quite a cool list to be on.

Can't be too many opening night goalies who've made it into April without a defeat, either ;D
I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

Quote from: Arn on April 06, 2021, 01:29:48 PM
https://twitter.com/pr_nhl/status/1379441296172056582

Quite a cool list to be on.

Can't be too many opening night goalies who've made it into April without a defeat, either ;D

Let's hope he extends this through July.  :)

Guilt Trip

 When Potvin set that record he played 9 of the Leafs first 10 games that included 2 back to backs from Oct 7-28. Remember when goalies used to play B2Bs? He played 74 games one season for the Leafs. He was def the 2nd best goalie drafted in the 90 Draft....a guy named Brodeur holds that title.
Good on Jack though. He struggled a bit last night but he keeps on getting it done and that's all I care about with any of our goalies. Just win!!

Arn

I Saw Jay McClement Score.

Heroic Shrimp

I loved in Mirtle's article on Campbell that it mentions he'd been nicknamed Ned Flanders along the way.
Supersize my Freedom Fries