Quick links:  Login  |  Sign up  |  Site Rules  |  Support TMLfans

Coaching and management changes around the league

Started by herman, April 08, 2019, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank E

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 28, 2022, 08:23:19 AM
Not gonna lie I don't remember a single thing about Robias' actual playing career here. I tried guessing how many games he suited up for and I really couldn't decide whether it was for 2 seasons or just like 20 games. Actual answer was 52 games in 14/15 where he had 1 goal and 6 assists.

I would have guessed ~10 games.

herman

Quote from: Frank E on July 28, 2022, 08:26:09 AM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on July 28, 2022, 08:23:19 AM
Not gonna lie I don't remember a single thing about Robias' actual playing career here. I tried guessing how many games he suited up for and I really couldn't decide whether it was for 2 seasons or just like 20 games. Actual answer was 52 games in 14/15 where he had 1 goal and 6 assists.

I would have guessed ~10 games.

His tenure as player development coach with the Leafs was longer
"Can't let the poison get to you"
#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

The Canucks these days are making Benning look good
#BeBlessed #scumbag

Guilt Trip

Quote from: herman on January 22, 2023, 05:46:00 PMThe Canucks these days are making Benning look good
Absolutely disgusting how they treated Bruce. He deserved better

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

herman

#BeBlessed #scumbag

CarltonTheBear

I'm stuck between wanting to see Vancouver lose every game for the rest of the year for trying to make Boudreau the scapegoat for their failure this season, but I also don't want management/ownerships incompetence to be rewarded with Connor Bedard.

bustaheims

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on January 23, 2023, 09:07:13 AMI'm stuck between wanting to see Vancouver lose every game for the rest of the year for trying to make Boudreau the scapegoat for their failure this season, but I also don't want management/ownerships incompetence to be rewarded with Connor Bedard.

I'm hoping for a bit of a dead cat bounce to push them a little further away from the bottom 5 then a very steady .500 the rest of the way to keep them treading water.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: bustaheims on January 23, 2023, 09:53:56 AM
Quote from: CarltonTheBear on January 23, 2023, 09:07:13 AMI'm stuck between wanting to see Vancouver lose every game for the rest of the year for trying to make Boudreau the scapegoat for their failure this season, but I also don't want management/ownerships incompetence to be rewarded with Connor Bedard.

I'm hoping for a bit of a dead cat bounce to push them a little further away from the bottom 5 then a very steady .500 the rest of the way to keep them treading water.

Demko coming back and going on a heater would likely be the only chance of that.

L K

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on January 23, 2023, 10:06:03 AM
Quote from: bustaheims on January 23, 2023, 09:53:56 AM

Demko coming back and going on a heater would likely be the only chance of that.

I think they also have a pretty easy schedule down the stretch.  Might be enough to win just enough to lower their lottery odds.  I feel bad for Canucks fans and they aren't anywhere near as bad as the Blackhawks organization in my hoping they don't get Bedard, but I would rather see him elsewhere too.

CarltonTheBear

Quote from: L K on January 23, 2023, 11:21:33 AMI think they also have a pretty easy schedule down the stretch.  Might be enough to win just enough to lower their lottery odds.  I feel bad for Canucks fans and they aren't anywhere near as bad as the Blackhawks organization in my hoping they don't get Bedard, but I would rather see him elsewhere too.

Yeah, Chicago and Vancouver would certainly top the list of teams I don't want to see win the lottery, in that order. Next up would be Arizona and Montreal for different but probably obvious reasons. I actually think it'd be cool to see him in either Anaheim or San Jose. Not even just to keep him out of the East, but having a superstar in that area of the country could be really good for hockey.

bustaheims

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on January 23, 2023, 10:06:03 AMDemko coming back and going on a heater would likely be the only chance of that.

I'm not sure about that. There's only 9 teams below .500 in the league (and one of those is just barely below at .490). A softer schedule and a marginal commitment to better defensive coverage should be enough to get there. Even if all Demko/Martin/Delia do is put up ~.900 goaltending the rest of the way, that should do it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Zee

Quote from: CarltonTheBear on January 23, 2023, 11:28:01 AM
Quote from: L K on January 23, 2023, 11:21:33 AMI think they also have a pretty easy schedule down the stretch.  Might be enough to win just enough to lower their lottery odds.  I feel bad for Canucks fans and they aren't anywhere near as bad as the Blackhawks organization in my hoping they don't get Bedard, but I would rather see him elsewhere too.

Yeah, Chicago and Vancouver would certainly top the list of teams I don't want to see win the lottery, in that order. Next up would be Arizona and Montreal for different but probably obvious reasons. I actually think it'd be cool to see him in either Anaheim or San Jose. Not even just to keep him out of the East, but having a superstar in that area of the country could be really good for hockey.

I'm of the ABM philosophy for this Bedard draft, Anyone But Montreal